Smashed Sterling Silver Something Or Another

beephead

Elite Member
I haven't been detecting in a while, so I decided to go a hit a site that I hit several years back. The big open sports field was almost target free since it has been pounded to death. I did manage to find 5 nickels and a few trash targets before moving on to the parking area.

The old graveled parking area is almost completely grassed over and is almost impossible to dig in during the dry summer months. Since we have had all this rain, I decided to give it a go. I managed to find around 10 wheat pennies which I forgot to take out of the water bottle and take pictures of them.

I got a good audio response and a good target ID. After digging through the gravel and down to about 10-inches I was about to give up. I felt around in the bottom of the hole and pull loose what appeared to be a smashed soda can. Lucky for me, I rubbed on the right spot and saw sterling stamped on the bottom or it would have gotten thrown in the trash.

beephead

Attachments

• IMG_0548.jpg
    IMG_0548.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 365
  • IMG_0549.jpg
    IMG_0549.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 296
  • IMG_0551.jpg
    IMG_0551.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 329
  • IMG_0553.jpg
    IMG_0553.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 343
Nice job on the silver save. Silver of any kind will put a smile on your face. Back in the early 70s I had one of those bombs that I would place caps in and aggravate my parents or anybody else that would happen by.

I haven't been detecting in a while, so I decided to go a hit a site that I hit several years back. The big open sports field was almost target free since it has been pounded to death. I did manage to find 5 nickels and a few trash targets before moving on to the parking area.

The old graveled parking area is almost completely grassed over and is almost impossible to dig in during the dry summer months. Since we have had all this rain, I decided to give it a go. I managed to find around 10 wheat pennies which I forgot to take out of the water bottle and take pictures of them.

I got a good audio response and a good target ID. After digging through the gravel and down to about 10-inches I was about to give up. I felt around in the bottom of the hole and pull loose what appeared to be a smashed soda can. Lucky for me, I rubbed on the right spot and saw sterling stamped on the bottom or it would have gotten thrown in the trash.

beephead

You sure it wasn't THIS shot full of holes :laughing: :laughing:

Nice find !!

Attachments

• Sterling beer.jpg
    Sterling beer.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 236
That's a nice chunk of sterling there Beep! And ToySoldier - nice work on the ID!

Can't imagine digging that big a chunk of sterling. Crazy :lol: Love the pics too, thank you.

Back
Top Bottom