Kellyco trip is a bust - Help me out

Boondocks

Hey y’all, I have to go to Orlando next Monday (2/11) for work for the week and I’m driving down from Pensacola. I was planning on going to the Kellyco showroom on the way down but I found out today that the the showroom is closed indefinitely. I will be bringing my CTX3030 and I’d love to detect on the way down or in the evenings. Any suggestions, even a park where I can find some clad, I just don’t want to be arrested or mugged. I’m comfortable with the water too and I have amphibians so I’m up for anything. Thanks in advance and I will return the favor to anyone headed to my neck of the woods.

Indefinite closure. :shock: Are they following the path of Tesoro?

That does not sound like a two week vacation.

Kellyco sold to a management company. The new company is operating out of a warehouse in Knoxville. I have also noticed the "out of stock" on a tremendous number of items. I have heard that the warehouse/showroom etc have been sold.

Kellyco sold to a management company. The new company is operating out of a warehouse in Knoxville. I have also noticed the "out of stock" on a tremendous number of items. I have heard that the warehouse/showroom etc have been sold.

It is not operating out of a warehouse in Knoxville, Kellyco has been shipping out of Knoxville fulfillment center for almost 2 years now. The sales people that you reach on line and on the phones are working out of their business office near Lake Mary, Florida, a suburb of Orlando.

The original owners decided to sell last year, and it was sold to friends they knew who were part of an investment group. The Auerbach family wanted to keep the warehouse and property.

The out of stock you see is because they are waiting on the re-stocking of some items after heavy Christmas sales, they never missed a day of selling, did not close down even a day other than the normal days off and in fact the new company has invested over $1 million into the new Kellyco company. Kellyco is not only not going away, it is becoming stronger....

Here is a news report on the sale.

https://markets.businessinsider.com...s-acquires-kellyco-metal-detectors-1027716770 forfillment

It is not operating out of a warehouse in Knoxville, Kellyco has been shipping out of Knoxville fulfillment center for almost 2 years now. The sales people that you reach on line and on the phones are working out of their business office near Lake Mary, Florida, a suburb of Orlando.

The original owners decided to sell last year, and it was sold to friends they knew who were part of an investment group. The Auerbach family wanted to keep the warehouse and property.

The out of stock you see is because they are waiting on the re-stocking of some items after heavy Christmas sales, they never missed a day of selling, did not close down even a day other than the normal days off and in fact the new company has invested over $1 million into the new Kellyco company. Kellyco is not only not going away, it is becoming stronger....

Here is a news report on the sale.

https://markets.businessinsider.com...s-acquires-kellyco-metal-detectors-1027716770 forfillment

Good news. Thanks for the update.....:yes: (I've always had very good dealings with Kellyco.)

I'm skeptical whenever a company is bought out or sold to another company. Hopefully for the metal detecting community, the Mollenhour-Gross company will keep Kellyco on the right track rather than running it into the ground. It didn't take long after Stu Auerbach passed away for Kellyco to be sold. Though I've purchased quite a few detectors and accessories in the past from Kellyco, I now buy whatever I need from smaller dealers who sponsor this website.

Last edited:
And I thought TH would stop with the KC tooting when his friend no longer had a financial interest in the company. Live and learn.

Still, the Out Of Stock on a lot of items didn't occur under prior mgmt. The company is being run differently these days. Time will tell what their plans are, even if its just a stock liquidation and internet sales at a lower level. Always focus on facts, not hearsay no matter how 'expert' the hearsay.

I spent some time operating a warehouse. Th will you please explain the difference between a warehouse and a fulfillment center. If they don't have a warehouse then where are they storing merchandise??? Or is everything being dropped shipped.

I spent some time operating a warehouse. Th will you please explain the difference between a warehouse and a fulfillment center. If they don't have a warehouse then where are they storing merchandise??? Or is everything being dropped shipped.

George, it is being shipped from their fulfillment center in Knoxville, inventory is stored and shipped from there for multiple businesses the company that bought Kellyco owns. Here is link from google for Redstag Fulfillment Center

https://redstagfulfillment.com/.

KinTN, I am friends with everyone still working with Kellyco, have been for years, also friends with new management. Kellyco is also a supporting vendor here as well and I represent Kellyco on Friendly Forum.

And I thought TH would stop with the KC tooting when his friend no longer had a financial interest in the company. Live and learn.

Still, the Out Of Stock on a lot of items didn't occur under prior mgmt. The company is being run differently these days. Time will tell what their plans are, even if its just a stock liquidation and internet sales at a lower level. Always focus on facts, not hearsay no matter how 'expert' the hearsay.

Don't see any "tooting" going on. Just explanation of what is going on with the company.

Fair enough. I did. The timing of the lack of stock is much more than was posted. It was pointed out to me shortly after the sale and I checked it out for myself. It wasn't because of 'christmas'.

And theres history of a certain individual altering and deleting posts he disagrees with on another board- especially if they are true and show him to be wrong. It nice to be able to post facts and opinions in a rational way and not be subject to that kind of treatment. Others here (names you know well) will tell you the same thing if you ask.

And you did not answer my question. If the fulfillment center does not have or is not a warehouse where in the world do they store merchandise???? Why are you so reluctant to answer a simple question after you accuse me of lying about where they are located /

I know what a fulfillment center is. It is a warehouse where goods are stored until they are sold. Heck I ran one for a while. I do not understand your reluctance to admit the truth. Have a good day.

I know what a fulfillment center is. It is a warehouse where goods are stored until they are sold. Heck I ran one for a while. I do not understand your reluctance to admit the truth. Have a good day.
A warehouse is where items are simply stored, a fulfillment center not only stores products, it handles all shipments in, out and product returns.

All calls to and from Kellyco and all of Kellyco's employees are employed and working out of their business office in Central Florida, not a warehouse in Knoxville.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom