Had a Fun Little Morning Hunt and Found Some Good Stuff

Buellride

Forum Supporter
Hit yet another street around this town that I have been targeting as of late. Found a 1944 Mercury Dime pretty early in the hunt and then started to find the Wheaties. All the Wheaties are from 1940-1956.

During the hunt I met a homeowner that gave me permission to hunt his 1909 house (scheduled for a later date) and after that scored the toy pistol that looks like it is from the 1940s and then after that had a dime signal and out popped this cool token.

It is a token from a bar in Alaska/Valdez that burned down in 1915 and the owner's dog was the only fatality, RIP Rowdy.

Super cool little find, hope to score more in the coming hunts!

HH and GL All!

Attachments

• 1_24 Total Finds Merc.jpg
    1_24 Total Finds Merc.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 776
  • 1_24 Token.jpg
    1_24 Token.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 745
I'd take a Merc every time! Congrats on the finds! I really love that old token from AK. Gotta be some history about how it got to your local. Prob made it back with those working on the pipeline but that's just a guess.

Nice coins you found, I also like that toy gun! :hi5:

The gun was a super cool find. I found that "relic" first, then the fun token.

I'd take a Merc every time! Congrats on the finds! I really love that old token from AK. Gotta be some history about how it got to your local. Prob made it back with those working on the pipeline but that's just a guess.

It is one of the main reasons why I love finding some of these pieces of history.

Awesome token, very cool piece!

Thank you.

Very cool finds BR. Love the history. Thanks for giving us a look!

In the end we all love the "history", thank you!

That gun is tiny lol very cool. I really love the token!

Bounty hunter - treasure hunter - cabelas
Best find to date - 15g platinum ring and 1876 love token

That's a good hunt with some pretty cool finds! I just love when a find comes out with a some good historic details! Nice job. Thanks for sharing.

Here's a photo of Rowdy with "Billy" (William) Blackwell and another Blackwell. They look like brothers. Even the dog.

Click the link below to the Valdez museum website. I'd be tempted to order a high res copy of that photo from them and display it with the token. They might even have some other related photos or articles related to the saloon that aren't available online. It says online that they have one of those tokens in their collection, and I'm sure they'd get a kick out of knowing another had been found.

https://valdezmuseum.pastperfectonline.com/photo/81C282CB-E49F-4565-91E7-924302774103

19940770001.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats Paul on the Merc, the amazing Token and all the Wheat's. Some very fine hunting and a booking for further fun on a later date. Nice history work on the Token. Looking forward to the next report. Trapper

Poor Rowdy! What a creepy photo! I wouldnt buy an apple from that one creepy Uncle Fester SOB on the right..The guy on the left? Where the hell did he get that coat? Barnum & Bailey? I wouldnt take a squirt on his head if his hat was on fire! Just saying....

Poor Rowdy...no telling what he had to put up with...Wearing a Big asst studded collar and a "Hey look at my junk" stand up photo? :?:

Back
Top Bottom