Old Gold, Great invite to hunt a old spot in Ca

JackalopeZL1

Elite Member
Hi Folks, My latest hunt I got invited to go with friends out to a real old sight for Ca.. This is where my friend had found a Civil war era Breast plate and many eagle buttons a while back.(check out his youtube channel for that one or my old posts)

The day started off on a couple spots on the 1800 acre permission and we found some great signs of the age like the typical Henry shells and what not as well as a heart breaker for me. A nice little 14k wedding band but ended up being plated :( it was marked 14ka *. But then we moved on to the where my friend Dan for the breast plate.

This spot has tons of signals, I mean it has got iron and goodies all over the place so I have a feeling there will be years and years of productive digging..

I ended up getting a good clean signal about 50' away from the main cellar hole. I flip the plug and out popped some shiney!! Gold shiney!! , Just 150+years of caked on dirt :). It was obvious that it was part of a 2 piece bracelet. The gold is very ornate with some great engraving on it. Then main section of the bracelet is copper with the gold section inlayed into it. Looking at it closely I bet it is plated too but such a fun find in such a old spot. STILL gonna find my gold Coin Dammit!! lol

Anyways the best part of the story is my buddy Dan found the second half of the bracelet about 15' away a hr later. He even gave me the second half but I gave it back. told him it would make us BFF's or something like that...hahaha His half had no engraving on the gold so we only assume it was the under side of the bracelet. Anyways I am so appreciative of the invite to such a great sight. Plus the area was so beautiful.

Below is the video of Dans

Old gold by jackalopeaf, on Flickr

Old gold by jackalopeaf, on Flickr

Congrats on the very cool finds! Such old stuff dripping with history. There has to be a cold goin lurking there waiting for you. At least you guys got a cool looking "friendship" bracelet out of the hunt!:lol:

Very cool hunting report .
Congradulations on the new dirt to hunt .
Sounds like great potential . Keep us posted .
,Dew

Back
Top Bottom