be careful if your using rechargeables!

gianetics

Elite Member
i run eneloops in almost everything. from metal detectors to remote controls pretty much everything at home. i put a battery in my charger that was for a flashlight. i left for work and i get a call from the wife. she went to unplug the charger and the cord blew off the plug. there was a loud pop and flash. thank god she was not hurt, it did blacken her hand though. this is a name brand charger and im well aware of the dangers of both li-ion and ni-mh batteries. so i guess always be vigilant. heres a pic although not really spectacular.

Attachments

• 100_0098.jpg
    100_0098.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 467
Yikes! Maybe I should do my recharging while I'm actually keeping an eye on things and not at night anymore, that's a little scary....

That's why I'm glad my detector doesn't have rechargeable batteries. I've got enough things that do: my cell phone, my iPad, my camera, my Nintendo 3DS. Keeping track of all the different chargers is a pain.

Looks like some thin wire to be plugging in the wall... Do you pull on the wire, or the plug, when removing from the outlet? Sorry to ask, but I see people pull by the wire, and I always get an uneasy feeling. My brother does it, and the power cord is always the first thing I check, when he has something that suddenly stops working.

Doubt it was the batteries, or charger, just the weak cord. I'd replace it with a better one at the charger, rather than simply putting a new plug on it.

Back
Top Bottom