Whites TRX is waterproof!

flphil

Forum Sponsor
Just a little news about the Whites TRX. I have had mine in water and knew it was waterproof but couldn't say it. So yes it's waterproof!
trxnotice.jpg

TRXnew.jpg

Obvious question Phil...will Whites warrant against water damage now? The answer should logically be yes. The Whies' horses mouth needs to state that

I just had my original TRX replace do to sound driver failure. the original had a single center bar over the sound diaphragm (which is not the speaker that is inside on the board), the current version has a cross.. Must have changed the diaphragm as mine got damage removing mud with a tooth brush and running water and was no longer water tight.. Never got flooded but unless they change the makeup of that diaphragm it can be easily damages when cleaning out the mud so be careful.

Good to know, but I still but my thumb over the speaker hole when
I rinse it under the tap at $170 CDN it is to expense to take the risk
even with warranty but that is just me. Amazing depth for a pin pointer.

After reading Phil's post 6 months or so ago about dunking his in a bucket for 5 hours, I never worried about rinsing mine off in the sink or getting caught in the rain.

It is nice that White's acknowledged this as fact so there should be no worries about water related warranties.

I love the insane depth on mine.

Whites has a 2 yr warranty and they are known for having the best customer service. HH, phil

Whites has a 2 yr warranty and they are known for having the best customer service. HH, phil
Not at the moment, in the middle of the biggest customer service nightmare in a long time with Sweet Home. DFX sent across the country 2 times still not fixed, phone calls ignored, was told boss will call today, 10 days later and 3 phone calls to voice mails of different people and still no call back.. Never did get to talk to, I think his name was Jay. I sent the machine to the VA service center to hopefully get a better tech so it gets fixed .. Third times the charm right!
Do not send your stuff to the factory if you want it fixed fast and correctly till they get there poop together..
Whites is having problems right now it is not what it was. I just got an IM from someone on another board who has his machine at Sweet Home and experiencing the same Comcast/Time Warner type Customer Service..

Mines been swimming in salt water several times. I don't even rinse it off. I'll take a pic of mine laying in my hot arse trunk when I get a chance with mud on it I never wash off:lol:

Not at the moment, in the middle of the biggest customer service nightmare in a long time with Sweet Home. DFX sent across the country 2 times still not fixed, phone calls ignored, was told boss will call today, 10 days later and 3 phone calls to voice mails of different people and still no call back.. Never did get to talk to, I think his name was Jay. I sent the machine to the VA service center to hopefully get a better tech so it gets fixed .. Third times the charm right!
Do not send your stuff to the factory if you want it fixed fast and correctly till they get there poop together..
Whites is having problems right now it is not what it was. I just got an IM from someone on another board who has his machine at Sweet Home and experiencing the same Comcast/Time Warner type Customer Service..

This is not good.

Back
Top Bottom