Sunray headphones

Greek2Me

Forum Supporter
What are the best sounding headphones other than the Killer B. I have the grey ghost originals but prefer a crisper sound. My ear muffs are cracking on my Killer B so I thought I would try a different brand. Is there a better sounding pair out there?

Thanks!
G2M

Thanks G2M

I use SONY earbuds and Sunray Gold Pro Gold headphones. The Golds sound beautiful. Very smooth sound quality. But on the other hand, although the SONY earbuds don't have the same isolating ability the enclosed ear design of the Pro Golds have, they too sound good.

Due to the fully enclosed design of the Golds, the Golds get warm to the ears as you don't have the air circulation one has with the open nature of earbuds. If comparing the two for isolating capability and sound quality, the Pro Golds have a much fuller, deep sound quality to them that's isolated from ambient, environmental noise making it much easier to pickup on the nuances.

Maybe Golds with a SONY earbud for emergency backup? Anything is better than a speaker.

As to the question, which headphone are better? Other than recommendations I've received from dealers, I'm clueless but if wanting headphones, based on personal experience, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Sunray, Pro Gold headphones for build and sound quality. Price, compared to other metal detecting headphones, yes, they're expensive but the quality is there so it becomes a personal decision if one wants to spend this much money for a set of headphones.

One thing about the Sunray Pro Golds, they use the same speakers as the Bushmasters, Black Widows, Jolly Rodgers, Killer Bees and the list goes on....Audiosears 2463....even the English have picked up on this....

Attachments

• OBN0025.jpg
    OBN0025.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 360
(my comments are not directed to the person who posted the advertisement)

Responding to comments in the advertisement, there's "ABSOLUTELY" nothing "TINNY" about the full, even, smooth sound of the Sunray Pro Golds.

That's a bald face advertising "LIE" and they know it.

I have over twenty years playing with home audio sound systems so yes, in this matter, I have much more than a clue as to what makes up quality sound.

As a comparison, my computer sound system comprises of a separate DAC, headphone Amp and high end headphones. Our Home Theater comprises of acoustically measured and (EQ'd) balanced surround speaker system with a separate, dialed in, multiple subwoofer system. Quality of sound has meaning to me.

Comments like what is in that advertisement are total BS and are intentionally inflammatory on the part of their marketing division and I'm calling them out on their lies and distortions of the facts regarding their comments directed to the Sunray, Pro Gold headphones.

Back
Top Bottom