• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Gold Solidus

A

argentum40

Well 2 gold coins in 4 weeks after waiting 30 years but this one is something really special. i was on a the verge of a heart attack when i dug thi sup from about 7" n a stubble field while attending the Mike Weddle Memorial Rally on Sept 1st.

the details of the coin are this

Phocas Gold solidus/ Constantinople 602-610AD. Obv...DN FOCAS PERP AV. Bust of Phocas/ crown.... Rev/ VICTORIA AVGUI, angel forward holding staff.CONOB across bottom

Attachments

• IMG_0913.jpg
    IMG_0913.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 1,529
double yooooooooooooooooooooooo what a beauty totaly mad how its in such good condition after all that time in the ground.
nice one geeeeez :grin:

marmotte said:
totaly mad how its in such good condition after all that time in the ground.

Yeah, gold will do that :lol:

Beautiful, all we Americans can hope for is 18th century coins...

argentum40 said:
Well 2 gold coins in 4 weeks after waiting 30 years but this one is something really special. i was on a the verge of a heart attack when i dug thi sup from about 7" n a stubble field while attending the Mike Weddle Memorial Rally on Sept 1st.

the details of the coin are this

Phocas Gold solidus/ Constantinople 602-610AD. Obv...DN FOCAS PERP AV. Bust of Phocas/ crown.... Rev/ VICTORIA AVGUI, angel forward holding staff.CONOB across bottom

OMG!!! What an awesome find!

Absolute beauty...and you recovered it without a scratch. Don't think I'll bother posting what I've found this week now !

WOW!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: I don't suppose I'll ever have a hope of finding one of those in a Miami tot-lot? :roll: :(

Those are fantastic finds!!!!! I would give me two front teeth for something like that.

Teriffic find ! I guess there's hope for me yet then - 26 years detecting and still waiting for my first gold coin. Steve in so az

never give up mate,....u wil get one for sure...i never thought i would then 2 in 4 weeks...

Very, very nice.

Not many of those get found, and in such nice condition.

Well done !! :yes: :yes: :yes:

Maybe we should have a Friendly Metal Detecting Forum hunt in the UK??? :lol: Who'd like to arrange that?

Cladius said:
Awsome! Do you get to keep it? Cladius.

yep get to keep it as its a single loss..i am glad too as would hate to see it go...

Back
Top Bottom