Learning together

Greenriver Greg

This is our granddaughter Emma. She's had the flu for this past week and today is the first day she felt mostly back to normal. She's been begging to go "treasure hunting" with me, then the flu struck. Today I told her we'd make a quick sweep of our front yard thinking some late model clad is all we'd find. I'd pull the plug and she'd sift through the mud for her treasure. I have to say that was a tad jealous and happy as could be when she uncovered the Wilson Midget Putter. It hit as a quarter, but the look on her face when she uncovered it was priceless. Can't find very much info on it other than probably produced in the 40's. Now she's wanting her own detector for her birthday, no doubt she'll have one before then. 😁 She wanted her own cigar box to keep her finds in and she put it on top of mine. Folks, it don't get any better than that.

Attachments

• 20190207_142539-600x800.jpg
    20190207_142539-600x800.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 303
  • 20190207_142418-600x800.jpg
    20190207_142418-600x800.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 300
  • 20190207_142453-670x670.jpg
    20190207_142453-670x670.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 263
  • 20190207_142117-800x600.jpg
    20190207_142117-800x600.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 300
I have a 7 year old that likes metal detecting. Be sure to take a look at my post about turning a Bounty Hunter into a junior detector.

https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=269258

Last weekend my older daughter dropped 20 clad coins around an open area of our backyard and my younger daughter and I tried to find as many as we could. Not having to worry about digging helped her focus on good swinging, learning the different sounds, and pinpointing. She got to keep everything she could find.

I have a 7 year old that likes metal detecting. Be sure to take a look at my post about turning a Bounty Hunter into a junior detector.

https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=269258

Last weekend my older daughter dropped 20 clad coins around an open area of our backyard and my younger daughter and I tried to find as many as we could. Not having to worry about digging helped her focus on good swinging, learning the different sounds, and pinpointing. She got to keep everything she could find.

Excellent suggestions! Thanks.

She's cute! You can see how much she enjoyed the hunt, My granddaughter is only a year and a half old right now but I look forward to taking her out hunting with me one day. Time spent with the grandkids is the best time! You are a lucky man indeed, Congrats on the new hunting partner!

She's cute! You can see how much she enjoyed the hunt, My granddaughter is only a year and a half old right now but I look forward to taking her out hunting with me one day. Time spent with the grandkids is the best time! You are a lucky man indeed, Congrats on the new hunting partner!

Thank you. She's just a tad spoiled. 😁 For the moment she seems genuinely excited about detecting, I hope it last.
Four of our grandchildren are homeschooled, and we came up with the idea of incorporating metal detecting into their curriculum. History, Science, Geography, Math, and PE all rolled into one. Emma was the first to jump on the bandwagon. :D

Nice Work Grandpa! And all you other G'pas out there setting good examples and getting the kids outdoors and excited about History and who knows where these skills learned and memories of their time with you dividends pay for them in the Future?...:thumbsup:

Note: We Homeschooled our Daughter back when it wasnt too common...It worked out alright ...Most People born a long time ago were Homeschooled or apprenticed under Masters and did just fine. You teach a kid how to read and write and arithmatic, give them a joy of Life and an appreciation of Nature, respect for Others, an awe of God, some skills, thats a pretty solid foundation for them to stand upon as they deal with the troubles of the World...

I have two sons and one detects from time to time He does like to detect with me when they come to visit None of my five grandsons have any interest and my granddaughter thought that getting her fingers dirty was not for her

Hope the young one keeps you company digging in the dirt for a long time.

That’s pretty awesome, I’m glad she’s feeling better. My 3 kids all have a bounty hunter jr to get them started.

Nox 600
Best find to date - 15g platinum ring and 1876 love token

That is great. My girls have gone in the yard. They just like to dig holes and throw the dirt. Lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

very cool!! My kids like to go out as well.....as long as mom and I are finding and they get to dig LOL! but they get a kick out of it! Such awesome pictures you posted!!! Congrats on the hunting buddy!!

Grandpa Greg has a new partner. A great way to share time, values and have a lot of fun. Your going to enjoy a lot of smiles in the future. Congrats! Trapper

Back
Top Bottom