Vintage Cameo Rose Gold....And a nice old Silver ring...

BeepZilla

Howdy

Been hunting hard with a new machine. Often the new machine is just another method of doing the same old thing. This time I've got a Explorer Se.

And trying the established programs I was not hugely impressed. Then I tried a program posted by a UK user-wide open hang on there bubba setting.

I'm loving it...:cool:

With this machine & settings I got a gold coin before my 1st silver coin (with this machine ). That itself was a predictor just how much this machine/ setting would open things up.

Ok-back to the story.

Hunted out park right?. I've done my best & a few detector gatherings have been held here. It frankly amazes me anything more is coming out.

But it does-only with patience & effort.

Today hunting the playground of what is now an elementary school-but it once had a picnic area. Deeper than average gold ring. About 5" & likely pre-school era. I thought it was a pearl charm as only the cameo was visible. Carefully pushed it from behind with the probe-Ring!

I am posting it here even though it is small-it is GORGEOUS:shock:

Re-sized & not marked for carat-but I'd wager 18k & it is rose gold. I have no idea what stone the cameo is but it is a Roman lady bust in pure white-perfect condition. I have 2 other cameo's-this one puts both to shame in quality of carving.

Ok-I'm happy for the day, worn out & frankly even doggie is ready to go home.

Just had to hit a known good spot right in front of where I parked. Squeaky high tone tight & dig...

Another ring-Silver & also vintage. I saw the stone was out so I spent 20+ minutes sifting the hole for it. Even had a sun ray through the woods helping-but my luck was not that good. Has Fleur de Lies on both sides-stamped deign features-1920's? Have a few like it but this is a nice one.

Really tired now-only 20 yards to my VW Bus...Getting garbeld high lows all over one spot...

This hole was huge. I just kept going where my pinpointer beeped. 5 nickels & 7 pennies-all memorials copper. And a few nice marbles. One birthday (1957) wheat penny & I shut off the detector so I could drag my tailfeathers home.

Anyhow thanks for looking I had a great Memorial day.
And if anyone can PM me & tell me how I deal with notifications on this board? I am unable to respond for some reason. I've tried but computer smash is my next option.

Great finds there Beep! Yeah, that gold coin of yours is really something!...especially finding that so soon into your career. Good work on those old rings!
Mud
I dont know how to direct you on your notifications question..I'm new here too and learning how to navigate..

I had to make a slight correction...

Thanks but I meant the 1st silver with my new machine....

Silver is kind of scarce as in most areas. I have been detecting about 7 years now. I started with Tesoro & that gave me the beep/dig ethic. And the love for tone hunting-no ID.

I also hunt almost daily. I have a sleep disorder that requires me to awake frequently during the night. That and an arm & multiple "bounce" injuries from a well spent youth on wheels. The detecting has been a perfect therapy & brain cleanser.

So I have a lot of coil time for the few years I've spent. And luck played a huge role in that coin-but I am a sucker for low tones by nature.

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom