Looking for advice on Ctx 3030 headphones

Jkdeshaw

I will be placing my order in the next couple of weeks for a ctx and would like to know what the best headphones for the machine are. I'm doubting I will be doing any water hunting as I can't swim. However I will be out in the rain and there always seems to be wind here.

Thanks for the help.

Join the CTX 3030 social group. Lots of help. My current pair is an inexpensive Phillips closed back stereo head phones that cost me about 50 bucks. I'm not trying to skimp mind you, just get a set that works well, are lite and hold up a season. I dig these things and YES, they are effective. Does require a 1/4 inch stereo plug adapter.

Ctx 3030

I will be placing my order in the next couple of weeks for a ctx and would like to know what the best headphones for the machine are. I'm doubting I will be doing any water hunting as I can't swim. However I will be out in the rain and there always seems to be wind here.

Thanks for the help.

The CTX comes with headphones I would feel them out first before making another purchase

The koss stock headphones that minelab supplies with their detectors are a joke. They're absolutely terrible, and that is the consensus with most people I've spoken to about them. But patriot is right, give them a shot before you buy something else, you may be one of the rare ones that like them.

CTX 3030 group

Hey Chad. Go to community, slide down to , social groups, search for CTX3030 group. It's a little in active right now but it has it's moments. Some good help etc on there.

I would suggest trying the stock first. Do you have a friend nearby with aftermarket headphones?? May try them. Also I've been guilty of buying elcheapos at wally world, some of them sound pretty good. The incorrect impedance rating though can have negative effects. So it's hit and miss.

btw Grey ghosts seem popular, I haven't used them though. But they must be pretty good. Strength in numbers.........

If you are getting the wireless module, it is not waterproof so be warned.

If you have headphones plugged into headphone jack on the machine, it is not waterproof.

My cheap solution was to buy a pair of cheap Sony headphones and have a CTX screw-on connector put on it. I have used them for surf hunting and for $25, I was not disappointed. Plus...if the get ruined, I'm only out $25 vs. paying $200 for headphones that I would use once or twice a year, max.

btw Grey ghosts seem popular, I haven't used them though. But they must be pretty good. Strength in numbers.........

Which model of the Grey Ghosts and do they have the correct wiring for the CTX 3030? From what I can tell, the wiring has to be correct or else the external speaker won't shot off and/or the headphone sound will be too quiet. The new Sun Ray Pro's are specially wired to be able to work properly on the 3030, for instance. I'm thinking about going with the Sun Ray's myself but prefer the slimmer & lighter design of the Grey Ghosts and would be thrilled to hear that they work on the 3030.

You need to talk to some reputable detector dealers and ask. Bart at bigboys hobbies, a sponsor here in fact, I think he can could answer your questions and make a recommendation. I have dealt with Bart. Worthy gentleman.

I just picked up some gray ghost ultimates for my etrac and really do NOT like them. Minelabs have circuit limiter technology and so do the GG. I have to turn them up all the way to hear anything and the sounds are not good. Very tinny. I will be selling or trading to someone who can use them. Maybe they fixed it for the CTX. I should have done some research.

Thanks for the help.

Feel free to give me a ring and pick my brain. I have many hours on the CTX 3030 and we include upgraded headphones on most of our packages. Of course we can work the bundles any way you want to make sure you get what ya need!

Back
Top Bottom