Euro Tek Pro vs. Land Ranger Pro in iron infested areas.

Metal782

I had my mind made up on a euro tek pro until I found the land ranger pro. I really like the additional options on the lrp. This will be my first detector and I am looking for something inexpensive but still good for the money. I've read that the etp has iron audio, but it doesn`t appear that the lrp does. Is the low tone on the lrp when set to iron the same as the iron audio on the etp or does the iron audio work differently than a standard tone? I plan on coin hunting in areas full of nails. Thanks for any advice you guys can give me.

I can Tell

You this, I have 3 ETPs, a nice machine with capabilities of a mid grade machine, The iron volume audio is something I which I had on my High end machines, a feature you will love in iron infested sites, the other machine your talking about, never herd of it, usually when people have talked ,and tested a product, you get reviews, plenty on the ETP, another thing I like about the ETPs, and entire Greek series line up, is you can interchange coils, all the ETP coils, work on my omega 8000, this alone saves you money down the road on coils, The only thing that I would change on the machine , if I were Teknetics is, I would add a manual ground balance feature ,instead of a fixed, but for the buck, with a nice large ID screen, with mid grade capabilities, the Euro Tek Pros, are very hard to beat, happy hunting & good luck with your choice , Earl http://www.bigboyshobbies.net/

Thanks for the advice. I ended up picking up an F2 for $80 at a pawn shop. Brand new. Two coil package with pin pointer, still in unopened packaging. Would love to have either machine I mentioned, but for $80 I'm still stoked. I wish I had iron audio, but I'm sure this will be a good detector to learn on. Thanks guys.

THE f2

Is not a bad machine, as Digger27 said, the ETP with Iron audio is nice also, never owned a F2 but for 80 bucks you did well, Earl

Thanks for the advice. I ended up picking up an F2 for $80 at a pawn shop. Brand new. Two coil package with pin pointer, still in unopened packaging. Would love to have either machine I mentioned, but for $80 I'm still stoked. I wish I had iron audio, but I'm sure this will be a good detector to learn on. Thanks guys.

Is not a bad machine, as Digger27 said, the ETP with Iron audio is nice also, never owned a F2 but for 80 bucks you did well, Earl

Iron audio is a sweet feature to have, especially if you hunt very iron infested sites more often than not.
Me, I hunted a few but not having it never bothered me since there was no such thing at the time and I just knocked out iron and still managed to find a couple of nice targets.
In a few sites with lots of nails and iron I even hunted with iron in and by listening to the tones and watching the screen I still had pretty good idea of what was happening under the coil.
At my regular park sites,even super trashy ones, I still usually knocked out iron and went after everything else and did better than I ever could have hoped.
Once in awhile I threw iron back in...there are some cool iron targets i love to dig like old rusty pocket knives, plus around iron some very old coins deep can fool you and come in very low...but I rarely hunted sites where that was likely to happen for me.

Enjoy the F2, in my mind it is way more than just a beginner detector, or mine didn't think it was considering the amount of great things it found.
Throw the sniper coil on first to learn on...way easier to deal with learning the basics.

Some tips and advice in this thread under the F2 section.

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=175136

I realize that. Info is for original question since I have used both, all 3 actually. Searchers may be asking same thing. But yeah F2 for $80 trumps

I only was able to use my f2 for about an hour over the weekend and had a lot of fun. Only found five pennies and all kinds of trash. Mostly appeared to be melted aluminum (beer cans). Dug everything. I hunted a park/camp ground with the 8" coil. I hadn`t read diggers post until later about the sniper coil, but I will definately switch to that coil. There was lots of trash around the targets I dug that really affected my signals. I'm sure the 4" will help. Not very impressed with the pin pointer. Almost have to touch the target before it sounded, but considering the price of the package with the sniper I can't complain. Thats the new price I'm talking about, not what I paid. My biggest worry about the machine is that it shut off a few times for no reason. I know I didn't hit the power button, because I was watching the screen when it powered off two different times. Batteries were installed correctly. I searched online and found others have had this problem also. Not sure why it did this. I found I can reset it by holding the power button for ten seconds. I did this and have not had time to see if it worked. It had a 1 year warranty and I assume that is for the original purchaser. I hope I'm not stuck with a defective unit, but thats what buying a new machine with a warranty is about. This was unused, but bought second hand. We shall see.

Yep

No warranty to boot, maybe this is why it was 80.00 bucks, not good, by the time its repaired shipping both ways parts , labor, you could have invested bought the same as a new machine with a 5 year warranty, Earl Ps if you want more depth than the 8, get the 11dd coil, Earl

Back
Top Bottom