12-23-2011 County park hunt produces SILVER, "wheaties" and several foreign coins

joee5

Elite Member
Went out again this morning to the county park I hunted yesterday and I found me a 1925 Mercury Dime (SILVER #19 this year), (3) "Wheat" cents (2)-1956's and a 1958-D.
DSC_0446-2.jpg

DSC_0448.jpg

DSC_0447-1.jpg

This park must be visited by tourists for I found a Canadian dime, an Argentina 10 centavos and a Republic of Trinidad and Tobago cent.
First target hit was that cell phone battery. Overall a nice productive day. Got chilly towards the end. Hope others were able to take advantage of this beautiful weather.

DSC_0445-2.jpg

Not pictured of course are the usual pull tabs, pop tops, caps etc......
Happy Hunting everyone.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!!!!!!!!!!

Clean it up

Wow, is that Merc a bit tarnished or what? Get some baking soda and sit down for about two hours..spit then rub, spit then rub. Do it tomorrow in front of the TV watching Charlie Batch guide the Steelers to victory.

Wow, is that Merc a bit tarnished or what? Get some baking soda and sit down for about two hours..spit then rub, spit then rub. Do it tomorrow in front of the TV watching Charlie Batch guide the Steelers to victory.

I already sealed her up.
DSC_0449.jpg

I normally clean all my coins in a Palmolive and warm water solution. If the dates are readable then I lightly scrub them with a soft brush under running water. Them "wheaties" can take more so I scrub them a lil bit harder.
I'ma try that method one day when I get one that's unreadable.
Thanks Keith.

Back
Top Bottom