I just got my Excalibur 1000

gipper2000

Well I'm getting a Excalibur 1000 this summer. I took some gold rings in to the shop 115GR in all now. And the guy took off $901.00 from the price of the Excalibur And I Solid some silver things on eBay that I found with the CZ20 and now I have a Excalibur 1000.

So I was checking it out a little today and I?m sure in time I will be able to tell one thing from the other. But right now a big gold ring sounds all most like a silver Quarter to me. The ring Wt. is 23gr and is 14k. And when I checked a small gold ring it was a nice low sound. Boy you sure can tell the big rings from the smaller one. And the pull-tab sounds low to but not as low All most like the bigger rings I check. Boy this might take a little time

And I?m all ready looking for a new shaft to put it on. Or hip mount it. I?m thinking about some thing like a backpack to mount it to with out the backpack part on it. And tie off the cord to it some were so I don?t pull on it

I would think after I set it up to were I going to hunt with it I wont have to move any thing any way. I?m think about going out with it today if it warms up a little we got about 4" of snow over night. And its 34* out right now

And I saw that after I went over a nail it went dead and when it came back the threshold sound was not the same as it was before I hit the nail. So I checked a pull-tab and it went back to the sound it had before I check the nail .So what do you do out in the lake when you go over old steel.

Tom

Gipper, the Excaliber is basically a waterproof sovereign. It is normal for it to null out over iron then return with a lower threshold tone, that lets you know it was iron. The threshold changes with the last target. If you run it in disc mode with the disc turned right down you'll soon learn all the tones. That machine has a remarkable range of tones for targets and takes some getting used to but with practice all those sounds really start to come together and the machine really talks to you. I find with all the tones my sov has that I just don't need to use the disc. especially on beaches.

Good luck and post your finds, you've got a great machine there!

Congrats on the new machine!!!!

Does anyone know whether the tones are similar to the Explorer II (there are 28 ) ???? I am wondering about possible confusion as I am considering an Excaliber 1000 in the near future.

The other direction I was considering is modding my Explorer II into a waterproof version. I don't even know where to start as far as finding shafts and other necessary components.

WThesing said:
Congrats on the new machine!!!!

Does anyone know whether the tones are similar to the Explorer II (there are 28 ) ???? I am wondering about possible confusion as I am considering an Excaliber 1000 in the near future.

The other direction I was considering is modding my Explorer II into a waterproof version. I don't even know where to start as far as finding shafts and other necessary components.

The SOV has fewer frequencies, the sounds/tones are not at all like the EXP II, they are not as high pitched, the sound lingers a little longer on the SOV than with the EXPII. My hearing is a little challenged so I hear the tones of the SOV better than the tones of the EXP II. IMHO,, H.H.:-)

Excalibur 1000

Day 2 Out Got my 1st Gold ring with the Excalibur 1000. Nothing too much but its gold. Right now I have no pic. of it yet. And I?m not sure how to post one here yet any way buy i will try tomorrow.

So that?s about $5.35 in money and 1 gold ring now. That?s in two trips out. & That?s about 7 hours of hunt time now. And let me tell you the water was Cold yesterday. The lake had ice on it. And my feet got cold after 5 hours in the wet suit. Really they were cold in 3 1/2 hours

Ya its a lot harder to use then my cz20 there are a lot of tones. To the 3 on the cz.

Tom

My 1 st. Gold ring with the Excalibur 1000.

My 1 st. Gold ring with the Excalibur 1000. In just two day. Its 14k And about a size 9.5 to 10 wt. = 3.9 g. Not to bad for not knowing the Excalibur to well .

Tom

Ring

the ring was in the above post but this time I do not see it lets see if it stays in this post

Now Its In both posts again ???? I dont know

Back
Top Bottom