am I supposed to abandon this forum?

351maverick

Elite Member
so now there will be no classifieds here at metaldetectingforum.com - there will be a marketplace for sponsors, but no member classifieds...

...am I supposed to abandon this forum & hang around on the new one libertymetaldetecting.com????

if I only post here then it does not help my rating over there - so if I ever want to buy/sell something my reputation HERE is worthless

I do not know what to do....I like THIS forum but lately there seems to be a lot of problems here

Moving member classifieds to libertymetaldetecting.com is one way to move members from here to build lmd.com. Sooo, if you want to buy anything from another member or sell anything to another member, you won't be able to do it at FMDF.

I really like the classifieds here the other forum is confusing and stuff gets sold fast here I'm going to miss them. :tissue:

Interesting...I hadn't heard that the classifieds were being removed here.

yup, Check Carols new thread on it here.

The other site is pretty cool. Just needs some time to figure it all out.

be honest .... it's because I finally uploaded a picture of myself to the member photo thread

I can remove it!

be honest .... it's because I finally uploaded a picture of myself to the member photo thread

I can remove it!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Wow, and we thought you weren't gonna notice. HAHAHA j/k

It's broke, and not what we had in mind when we built the forum.

So many rules are in place now, it's too hard to maintain and/or monitor.

Newbies come on the forum, they can't buy or sell.

The feedback forum turns into rants.

If you've already established a reputation here, then you will have no problem over there.

I understand the problems issue...... but change is not easy...... especially the older I get. Now ive got to get retrained, but ill try....:lol:

I don't even trust myself :laughing: Classifieds smassifieds, as long as I can get my finds id'd and brag about them to my friends, im good. :smart:

I don't get it are we switching to there and this forum is going away? It seems like that is a forum not just classifieds. Is it the same as here? same owners?

I like the new forum with all the new features. The only thing I don't like is having to go back and forth between the two. All the new cool stuff is over there, but 99% of the people are doing the talking over here.
I wish they would just eventually phase this one out and just have one forum.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE this one, but if we're gonna have all these cool features, why not just turn the new one into the Friendly forum, shut this one down, and be done with it?
I'm sure there's more to it, and there's probably a good reason behind it, but it would be awesome to have the new format, and all the members under one roof.

I like the new forum with all the new features. The only thing I don't like is having to go back and forth between the two. All the new cool stuff is over there, but 99% of the people are doing the talking over here.
I wish they would just eventually phase this one out and just have one forum.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE this one, but if we're gonna have all these cool features, why not just turn the new one into the Friendly forum, shut this one down, and be done with it?
I'm sure there's more to it, and there's probably a good reason behind it, but it would be awesome to have the new format, and all the members under one roof.

Very well said! Better one full house than two half-empty ones. I would suggest having one forum and keep it at that...or, if the intent is eventually to have everybody migrate to Liberty and shut this one down then just say that out loud. I have no problem switching to a new forum but I'm not going to run back and forth between two.

I have to agree Abynum1. Phase this one out completely. I'm not going to post to two different places. PLEASE everyone just slide on over. The ONLY reason I'm still here is because this is where everyone is conversing.

Back
Top Bottom