Re: Need Advice To Buy My First Detector

zono

Re: Need Advice To Buy My First Detector

Hi,

I'm new in this metal detector. I have search and read some comments from others but still not sure which detector I should buy.

I'm recently interesting on Bounty Hunter Legacy 3300 (Discovery 3300 - there are almost the same as others said) and Garret ACE 250. The price for both of them are around $220 on ebay.

For Bounty hunter Legacy 3300, what others said it is good if you paid for around $110 but not for $200 above. But the price now is $220 above.

For Garret ACE 250, almost everyone said it's good but not good on wet sand.

So, for the price of $200, I thinking to take the Garret ACE 250. But I notice that there is another new machine Garret ACE 350, which is more advance.

Is the Garret ACE 350 can use on wet sand? How about river side?

Actually I stay in Malaysia, I thinking to use it on beach and river side. To buy this kind of detector, I need to extra $50-$70 on shipping. So my cost actually will go up around $300.

Can anyone give me some idea and advice?

Thank so much.

Like bluegrassJames said Fisher f2 and call BigBoys hobbies for a special deal for being a forum member.

Thanks. Already contact Big Boy Hobbies, waiting for their reply.

By the way, any idea about the BH Pioneer 505 or 505 Pro? Is this detectod as good as F2 or ACE 250?

Thanks.

I really like mine, its found gold and silver rings and lots of coins.

I still have a BH I bought almost 15 years ago. I used it today to find a nail a contractor who is remodeling my house dropped in the garage (sawdust on the floor). It found it in about 30 seconds......

Dusty

Back
Top Bottom