X-terra or ATPro Which to Buy????????

LIBear

Forum Supporter
Hey everyone ,

Stuck between 2 different MDs the ATPro and the X-terra 705. I like the ATP because of everything I hear plus its waterproof. But I still am finding it hard to commit because of the ground balancing problems I am still hearing about. THe X-terra seems like a great machine but how does it do on wet and dry sand ? I am looking for a MD that can handle beaches, grassy areas amd flat dirt fields with good to excellent depth.Both of the units are within the price I am looking to spend. Does anyone have any suggestions or can recommend maybe another machine that would be better suited for my needs. Thanks for all your help in advance.

You can call BigBoy hobbies he is a great sponsor here he knows a lot about the Atpro and other detectors. Good price too.

my x70 does fine on the dry sand. in fact i think it has a beach mode. it did ok on wet sand too, but it was fresh water so i dont know how well it would do if your talking saltwater beaches. good luck.

Dont know about Omega in the wet sand but it does great everywhere else.

Teknetics 8000. on youtube. I'm hoping this weekend to record a hunt if the wind is low.

Just got an X-Terra 70 and I am really liking it so far. It has way more options than my old bounty hunter and the auto ground balance and auto noise cancel are great features. I like that it also has the ability to change coils and change frequency.

Well...if your gonna go to a beach then sooner or later your gonna wanna take it into the water...and that's the huge advantage the at pro has...as far as any "problems" go...any of the at pro's shipping recently have no problem...if you would happen to get one that has any problems then simply sending it to garret who has the BEST customer service in the industry is a simple and fast turnaround...if you decide on the at pro { which is the best machine I've ever owned and I've been at this for about 15yrs } simply ask whomever you buy it from to test it before they send it to you to make sure it doesn't have the falsing issue and save you the trouble of sending it off to garret.
Greg.

Wouldnt get ethier one, if you live in CT buy all the X-terra's or ATPro's you want......

LIBear, We carry both brands and will be happy to help when you are ready.

Hi,
I phoned expecting to get the call answering service but after ~20s of music the call ended. Have you discontinued the answering machine?
(also, do you mind emails?)

My choice would be the xterra , hands down! I have had a few namebrands and I think the vflex technology is superior to any other in this price range of detectors. I have had the xterra 50, 70 and now the 705. I have used them everywhere from relic hunting, coin etc and on salt water beachs. They just work great. I travel alot and have used it from california to the maine coast and they just work anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom