One more kick of the can... 18k gold

Sandcrab

Elite Member
I did go back for one more kick of the can… I got out for a little bit, better than sitting at a bar or face stuck into a computer. Most the area was already covered over, not a sound. Found one small area and just started digging… All in all, I found 62 targets. Of the 62, the quarter and the 18k sapphire ring were the only good targets. So 2 for 62, not good odds… I must be nuts.

I tried to take better pictures, but not much to photograph. I have to admit, I do like that ring. May end up being a personal keeper, even though I do not wear jewelry. I tried to capture the “hallmark”… It has some age, but the stamp I am pretty sure is not in the time frame of the coins I pulled.

Did talk to a person while leaving. Thought I was nuts hunting there, but knew the history. Unfortunately hunting there may soon never be. Things are supposed to change in that area. With the many changes now, I am surprised I could hunt there as it is. Weird how no storm or waves really can affect it, but would still strip at times. If is does get changed/built over this area has so much to offer and will unfortunately just be a memory… And that is a shame…

Either way, thanks for taking a peek, and be safe out there…

Attachments

• IMG_20140903_142248035 (2) - Copy.jpg
    IMG_20140903_142248035 (2) - Copy.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 473
  • IMG_20140903_142216815 (2) - Copy.jpg
    IMG_20140903_142216815 (2) - Copy.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 435
Very cool ring....old Roman or Celtic style? You just can’t bet the way old high K gold looks.

That is a nice ring. About the only rings i wear are blue sapphires i have found. And one David Yurman silver ring.

That's probably a really special stone, that looks similar in style to those high karat emerald rings a few guys have found..

Congrats!!

<°)))>{

Very nice Bill... sort of reminds me of a ring Rudy has in his albums... although his is 22k and a citrine stone.. similar style though.. both real nice looking :)

That is Beautiful! Love the 18k with blue stone..

:dingding:Congrats on a gorgeous looking ring! If I brought that one home I'd have to hide it from the wife.

Back
Top Bottom