Almost missed this one!

InShepherdsArms

Elite Member
Me and a couple friends hit up the beach this afternoon. We got there at high tide and worked the tide out. We stayed a while with little to show for until one of my buddy’s last target was a Gold signet ring. Then we decided to stay a bit longer and dig the signals we passed over. I got to the end of washout where I’ve already searched and decided to dig a one way bad/one way good choppy signal. I’m glad I dug it. I couldn’t believe I had past up this ring. So I will be digging those one way signals again! 14k! Mid beach in the wash!

🏴!☠️🙏🏻🤘🏻

Attachments

• 74D75DA9-2470-4CB7-AB8C-B9FCF453FF2D.jpg
    74D75DA9-2470-4CB7-AB8C-B9FCF453FF2D.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 444
  • 833E1ABB-3D31-428F-B187-E101AD42B155.jpg
    833E1ABB-3D31-428F-B187-E101AD42B155.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 426
  • 6E0956EA-C3B7-4FE4-9E91-8F0051CC63FB.jpg
    6E0956EA-C3B7-4FE4-9E91-8F0051CC63FB.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 429
:dingding: Nice score! Good thing you headed back and recovered your ground. The more I hunt with either the 'Nox or the Excal the more I believe I preferred hunting with a PI. It takes a lot of the guessing game away.

NICE score man! When you say choppy, what kind of reading did it give on the nox?

When I swung over target it was a bad tone(-negative numbers), not low, mid or high clean tone, but iron tone/grunt, one way. Then when I swung back the other way it was a faint, choppy mid/high tone(numbers 12,14,12).

:dingding: Nice score! Good thing you headed back and recovered your ground. The more I hunt with either the 'Nox or the Excal the more I believe I preferred hunting with a PI. It takes a lot of the guessing game away.

Yep. A pi would of been great at this location. I already cherry picked what I could with no gold. I took digging all to find it. But I will say that maybe my gold ring could have been next to a piece of iron? Which is why I got the bad signal? Or it was just a really deep target.

Some of those ArtCarved rings are absolutely beauties. Polish it up and let us see!

Nice find and save!

WTG!

That should clean up really nice, will see how rich the color is... That is a nice find.

Don't answer this on the board so to not give away your location. Was there a decent amount of mineralization, was the sand compact, did the sand change texture at the level of the ring? Any one of those will rob depth/give an odd reading. Even saturated sand will. Combine more than one...

Back
Top Bottom