Why is it?

ColoradoMike

On the soccer field again yesterday with the detector and it seemed every time I got a good signal, there was a huge pile of dog !!!! right next to it. Either that or goose poop so close you had to move it to dig : ( Why is it?

Hey, look on the positive side, that could help you locate good signals faster, look for the piles of poop first to know where to detect ! :lol:

I know that you were not using an Ace 400 cuz with mine I didn't even get S-*t with it.:laughing:

On the soccer field again yesterday with the detector and it seemed every time I got a good signal, there was a huge pile of dog !!!! right next to it. Either that or goose poop so close you had to move it to dig : ( Why is it?

Man... you're lucky. I've had great signals UNDER the poop. Those are just thought-provoking moments, for sure.

Goose poop is so common on our fields, that I don't even count it as poop. I just pretend it's grass-nuggets.

If it's dog, though, that's when I go looking for a stick.

Skippy

Better than in a fire ant hill!

No joke, those little b#@t%*ds will eat you up around here in the summer. Hard to believe such a small insect can be such a pain....in several ways! Arrived here in the 50's, at Mobile, AL. Ships coming from South America used dirt from there as ballast, then dumped it at Mobile. There used to be quarantines throughout the south, to try and prevent them from spreading.....which obviously failed.

Sometimes this hobby can be sh***y....all we find is cr*p....

It really stinks sometimes....

Ok....this conversation is going into the toilet..

There's so much dog !!!! in the parks around here that just trying to avoid it with my best footwork makes me wonder if I look like a kid playing hop scotch. I find out later if I was successful in avoiding it when I climb back in the pickup.

poop just adds to the feeling of "being one with nature!"..i'm just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.

in addendum: nothin' smells worse than "dog sh8t" unless it's a dead body!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

You may have stumbled upon the answer to an age old question: "Why do dogs circle before they poop?" Some scientists published a theory that they are aligning with geo-electro-magnetic forces, or some such nonsense.
Now, I suspect the circling is actually pinpointing! Some dogs may have a good nose (or geo-electro-magnetic sensitivity) for underground metal, and a natural instinct to mark such targets.
Yes. Do your research and take notes. Find out which dogs are marking the best targets, and follow them around. If you are unable to buy the golden pooch(es) for your own use and breeding program, I would suggest sneaking them some glow in the dark treats, so you can go at night and spot the paypoop by eye.
GL & HH :laughing:

When I was a kid there were NO Canada geese to be seen. Now they're all over the place in large numbers and many of the fields I've had the "pleasure" of hunting were literally covered in goose droppings. Some places have placed wooden cutouts of dogs which is supposed to scare the geese and keep them from landing but the geese aren't being fooled one bit.

Our Wildlife Department raised a bunch of those invaders and taught them that they did not have to migrate Now every pond has a flock of them. Geese everywhere you look. I have found that it is better to change shoes when I finish detecting before I get in the car.

Our Wildlife Department raised a bunch of those invaders and taught them that they did not have to migrate Now every pond has a flock of them. Geese everywhere you look. I have found that it is better to change shoes when I finish detecting before I get in the car.

It was done nation wide starting back in the 30's. The idea was they would join other flocks and start migrating. They didn't and now it's about 50/50 resident and migratory geese. The city birds are doing a lot better than their country cousins. A lot less predators and they have learned the city limit no hunting line. They are almost a different species, they seldom intermingle or breed with each other. A 100 years ago they where facing extinction and now they are a nuisance so it was successful, maybe to successful.

I'll take the poop. Last year hitting soccer fields at night I had a darn skunk chasing me around. I was jumping up and down hollaring and swinging the detector around and it just kept coming in my direction without a care in the world. Happened on like 3 or 4 different nights.

Back
Top Bottom