Returning after a hiatus- Equinox 800

usafaviator

Hello all. I left the game in 2011 or so due to deployments. I retired from the military in 2013. As we were gearing up to look for land for our next move in August 2018, my wife of 23 years died unexpectedly at 43. MD'ing was always a good outlet for me to tune the world out and think- so I decided to return and see if it will help me again. Before I sold it all, I had an MXT Pro and all the coils and an Etrac with all the coils. I decided to jump back in with a Nox 800 and the 6 & 15" coils which will be here tomorrow. I'm pretty banged up from service, so I thought I'd try to start with something light. I'll probably pick up another Etrac when I get back into the "swing" of things. I look forward to hanging with the crowd here again. I'm currently hanging around family in north Colorado, if anybody in the area would like to hunt together let me know- I'm always up to gaining new friends. Happy hunting

Welcome from Pittsburgh Pa. First, thank you for your service and hope you find peace within. Equinox---Great choice. I hunted with an Etrac before I got an 800. I have to tell you I don't use the Etrac much anymore. You already understand the language so you should pick right up on it. Good luck Mark

Welcome back to the hobby. Welcome to the forum. Lots of good folks hang out here.

Thanks for your service to this Nation. I will forgive you for being USAF. LOL

Welcome back and thanks for your service. Sorry to hear of your loss. Swinging the tector may be some good therapy. Happy Hunting

Welcome back to the forum and to detecting. Hope it does you good, as it does for a lot of us. As a "nox brother", I can tell you it might get annoying/frustrationg at times when learning.
It's really light with the 6" coil, and that little dog hunts! I'll recommend using a long digger, if you don't already have one. The idea, as you know, is to have fun finding treasure, not wear yourself out for it.
Thank you Sir, for your service. GL & HH!

Thanks, all, for the welcome back. I received my Nox 800 with stock, 6" and 15" coils, Lesche, Samson T handle, and Propointer AT today. I have done a lot of watching and reading, and hope that running the Etrac in the past will help transition to this detector. Not a lot of friendly places around anymore, but this forum is aptly named. :yes:

Welcome from South Carolina !!!!

Thank you for your service and sorry for your loss, and yes this is a friendly forum !
welcomebackchalkboardhh.jpg

:mder:_____:mder: _____:mder:_____:mder:

So sorry to hear of your loss. :(

Welcome back to the hobby. You'll really like the Nox after playing with the Etrac.

I salute you and welcome back! You’ve been through the toughest of losses already but hopefully you can get lots of enjoyment from the hobby to ease some of the pain. HH!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for giving all those years of service. Sorry for you loss and hope you find many peaceful moments while detecting. Your detecting kit looks ready to go. Were you part of the Spectre gunship crew?

Thanks again everybody.

Gypsyman- I was a Combat Systems Officer/Electronic Warfare Officer aboard the mighty Spectre from 2001-2007. I then served as a Mission Commander/Evaluator Tactical Coordinator aboard the RC135S Cobra Ball until my retirement in 2013. Before my time as an aviator, I was an enlisted man and meteorologist. I come from a long line of warriors all the way back to my Scottish and Native American roots, and I feel fortunate to live in, and have had the opportunity to serve, the best country in the world.:yes:

Welcome!

THANK YOU for your service!

Best of luck to you in your new life.

R5

Back
Top Bottom