Tesoro Sand Shark @ auction

TheCoilist

Elite Member
Okay... I don't know anything about Tesoro and it seems there are some negative posts in regards to the Sand Shark. I was at an auction next door and saw a Tesoro Sand Shark being pre-bid on. It was starting at $40.00. They're expecting it to go for around $300-500

What is this detector worth? Still in box with manual. Is it worth a couple hundred bucks? No one seems to like these? :?:

My buddy Tom uses one and it has paid for itself many times already. I have seen him dig a big 14k necklace with it. It's a great machine for the price. I think it costs hundreds of dollars less than other beach machines and has a life time warranty which is nice, especially for a beach machine where manufacturers give a much shorter warranty vs their land units.

I think the negativity comes from a bunch of others ganging up on one of Tesoro's hardcore users :roll: :yes:

I might keep an eye on it. If it looks like it might end under $150 I might place a bid. I don't have a PI machine... good or bad. lol

If it is a newer model (hardwired coil and headphones) it is worth at least $400.00.

The Tesoro Sand Shark is as good or better than ANY saltwater Pulse Induction unit selling for $1,200.00 or less. Don't let anyone pull the wool over your eyes. People like me that actually use it LOVE it. Mine paid for itself within 50-hours of use.

https://www.facebook.com/TesoroSandShark

I can't tell what the age is of it. Can look, but no touchy touchy!

5156_1.jpg

Will they guarantee it works? Also you might want to make sure it isn't a knock off from China. If they want too much for it you better pass. I only use my p.i. 10% of the time. If you hunt dry sand, don't waste your money. A p.i. will kill you in the dry sand digging all the garbage. Every gum wrapper, foil top, steel jewelry, etc. You'll dig 8 hours for 10 cents.

Just bought a used one on eBay with a Monster SS scoop for $375 to use at the beach. Been out twice and love it. Haven't found much but that's because this beach is very clean. Wouldn't use on dry sand like ITSARING said but I have other machines for that.
Go for it if this is what you want it for!

Anything under 400.00 looks like it would be a good deal. Turn it on and make sure it works.

Don't worry about Chinese knock offs the only detectors that I know of being copied are the Minelabs and Fishers I guess the are going after the higher dollar machines first.

I really dig my ss. But than again I love to dig and digging is the only exercise I like. Good Luck, phil

Back
Top Bottom