A Long Way From Home..

Glad to see you are still in the game and have a great sense of humor Craig. I hope to get back to the water again this year!

Thanks JB... You still hunting that lake you were finding all that good stuff in years back?

Gotta hit that spot again when you have favorable tides. Looking forward to an updated post.

Frank.. we have only scratched the surface of coyote beach and for that matter Nori beach...

I found a GPS on my truck... I'm going to glue it to the cremation tag before I throw it back in the water :laughing:

Thanks JB... You still hunting that lake you were finding all that good stuff in years back?

Frank.. we have only scratched the surface of coyote beach and for that matter Nori beach...

I found a GPS on my truck... I'm going to glue it to the cremation tag before I throw it back in the water :laughing:

Your joking on the GPS right? :?: I took a last minute trip down there Friday. Got the good old skunk, worked the slope for 4 hours with nothing to show but light garbage. Worked up high hoping for some leftovers from the winter storms/hurricanes and only managed a few clad coins :mad: seemed sanded in where I was hunting, which I believe would be further to your East. Ill be back down soon, hopefully Saturday. Congrats on the nice pile of oldies, and good luck if you do go out today!

Your joking on the GPS right? :?: I took a last minute trip down there Friday. Got the good old skunk, worked the slope for 4 hours with nothing to show but light garbage. Worked up high hoping for some leftovers from the winter storms/hurricanes and only managed a few clad coins :mad: seemed sanded in where I was hunting, which I believe would be further to your East. Ill be back down soon, hopefully Saturday. Congrats on the nice pile of oldies, and good luck if you do go out today!

Today I'm going to rest my old man knee :lol: I'll be going tomorrow instead...

What do you hunt with cellr?

Today I'm going to rest my old man knee :lol: I'll be going tomorrow instead...

What do you hunt with cellr?

I use a Minelab explorer SE currently for the wet sand. I don't go in the water as of right now, so I don't really need a waterproof, saltwater capable machine. That may change in the future though. Hope you tear it up tomorrow, and good luck!

I use a Minelab explorer SE currently for the wet sand. I don't go in the water as of right now, so I don't really need a waterproof, saltwater capable machine. That may change in the future though. Hope you tear it up tomorrow, and good luck!

waiting one more day... have a Dr. appt I forgot about ;)

That's some good hunting my friend. I saw the Orlando, FL on the tag and I thought you must be down here pirating the east coast.

I have never visited your state.. my wife would like to retire there... I told her have a good time... I like the changing seasons including the snow and cold... FL turns men into mice :laughing:

Love all the old goodies, gold or not...., did you stop by Earls beach on the way home?

Mud-puppy, your not right in the head, but it did make me laugh!:laughing:

Love all the old goodies, gold or not...., did you stop by Earls beach on the way home?

Mud-puppy, your not right in the head, but it did make me laugh!:laughing:

No Joe... people talk funny down there :lol:

Congrats on the silva Craig! Last time i found a cremation tag at the beach it was actually an eye-ball find, it was sitting on top of a pile of ashes that was dumped on the wet sand and lazily covered up :no:

Drove by Coyote Beach yesterday and seen a couple pirates plundering the gold. Guess you didn't find the GPS fast enough. :no: :(

Last time I "hurled" one of those tags back out to sea it must have traveled about 20 feet- not the best flyers! Be finding it again some day. :roll: Congrats on the silver and buffaloes.

waiting one more day... have a Dr. appt I forgot about ;)

I have never visited your state.. my wife would like to retire there... I told her have a good time... I like the changing seasons including the snow and cold... FL turns men into mice :laughing:

Craig, all I have in a response to that comment ,is it's true.,and I love it. I spent 62 years in the mountains of TN and 30 years driving the snow covered roads of TN, NC, WV in a big rig. I've had all the cold and I want. Tell your wife your brain must be frozen. Besides we would love having you here detecting the beach in your cold weather gear.:D
The beach mouse:lol:

Congrats on the silva Craig! Last time i found a cremation tag at the beach it was actually an eye-ball find, it was sitting on top of a pile of ashes that was dumped on the wet sand and lazily covered up :no:

Thanks Slim... that was a heck of a way someone decided to spread the ashes :roll:

Last time I "hurled" one of those tags back out to sea it must have traveled about 20 feet- not the best flyers! Be finding it again some day. :roll: Congrats on the silver and buffaloes.

This one is made out of a non-ferrous metal has some weight to it.. I have found a few stainless ones that were light.. this one was a mid tone.

Another nice outing Craig. Congrats on the Silver's, the Nickels along with all the rest. Your new motto "Have machine will travel". Trapper

Thanks Trap.. I like small spots usually they give up the goods.. I also like lazy hunters who don't do the amount of research I do... :lol: They just hunt their regular stops and hope for the best..

Craig, all I have in a response to that comment ,is it's true.,and I love it. I spent 62 years in the mountains of TN and 30 years driving the snow covered roads of TN, NC, WV in a big rig. I've had all the cold and I want. Tell your wife your brain must be frozen. Besides we would love having you here detecting the beach in your cold weather gear.:D
The beach mouse:lol:

I just can't understand how over the years I read how cold the air is or water temps in FL when it gets into the 70's... we are lucky if our water hits 70... right now we are hunting in 38 degree water but I have hunted in water as low as 30 and air temps as low as 14 with strong winds which made it colder... that is where my wimp comment came from :D

I'd love to get a bunch of you FL hunters up here during winter to enjoy the clear waters and crisp air temps :laughing:

Back
Top Bottom