Settings for Nox 600 on Florida Beaches

Just got my 600 and ran is straight up at beach 2 and was good. Only used it once so far I think the presets are there for a reason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sensitivity at 20 default but you can run hotter if your in the water an go with a slow sweep. I run at 23 or 24 on a calm day.

Looking for the proper settings for the Equinox 600 for swinging on Florida Beaches.

Gulf side or Atlantic??

I have been using a 600 for a while.

sens 18 or higher normally around 22
all metal (aides in eliminating the bottle caps)
5 tones
slow target recovery speed to 2

HH, Phil

also I'm on the Gulf side.

gulf side, Perdido Key Island. Also am I good to go out into the water up to knee height detecting legally?

I think Perdido Key is a St park so check with the park. Most Beach state parks are ok for beach hunting but always ask. HH, Phil

State parks have strange rules. Most you can hunt from the water to high tide line....NOT in the water....best check.

State parks have strange rules. Most you can hunt from the water to high tide line....NOT in the water....best check.

When there last Feb at St Andrews Park in PCB, they were specific to say that you can dig right up to the high tide water mark. I would take that as yes, being able to dig in the water as well.

And you would have your equipment taken and a ticket possibly too. I always hunt at low tide. DONT assume.... not all those wardens have a sweet personality down here. They seem to be less forgiving that most police officers. They tend to hang out around the state parks. Dough nuts must be fresh......:laughing:

And you would have your equipment taken and a ticket possibly too. I always hunt at low tide. DONT assume.... not all those wardens have a sweet personality down here. They seem to be less forgiving that most police officers. They tend to hang out around the state parks. Dough nuts must be fresh......:laughing:
That might be the solution... Make sure you bring along a nice, fresh assortment with you.

Cliff

In addition, some of the rangers hunt themselves and are not to kind to giving up violators of their turf. Hunting buddy got a citation for hunting chest deep in a State Park. Antiquity Laws for that park.

Most if not all state parks in Florida you can't hunt in the water. It usually is from the dunes to the high tide line.

Back
Top Bottom