• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

anyone familiar with the MX sport have a coil question

Tajue17

last year I only used my mx sport in fresh water,, this week I want to hit some salty beaches not submerged but maybe over the wet sands. I have 3 coils and honestly I bought them used and never really researched them and wondering which would be the best coil for the beach, I'm leaning towards the 13" DD.

13" whites MX sport DD

10" stock DD coil

9" MX sport concentric

IMO I think your making the right choice, I want coverage when I'm hunting the beach. Never tried the MX sport, so I can't really say how it functions near the ocean. Good luck out there, keep us posted :cool3:

My MXT will not handle the (salt) wet sand at all. Does fine in the dry sand though. You may have to turn sens. way down. Good Luck

mx sport will not handle the salt well. If you insist on trying, wet sand is the most i could ever get it to KIND OF tolerate. Hunting in the salt water is damn near impossible. Its a great machine but not for salt. You will need to gb, and lock it. Then lower sensitivity ALOT. Sport has been a great machine That has found alot of great relics and silver, but I got the nox 800 for some highly mineralized sites and salt water if I ever get out to it.

so your saying that the salt mode is useless,,,, I'm not bummed because this machine was purchased for specifically for fresh water beaches mainly submerged out to 5 or 6' which it has done amazing. right now I'm mainly just hitting the beach a mile from my house with the wife for fun,,, so I was curious if I should bring a DD or concentric but I'm leaving in 15 minutes so I'm bringing the big DD.

as for salt on a different note are you guys using that nox 800? I'm thinking about buying one with all the coils they make for it and then snorkeling the shallows in the ocean with it,,,,,, might not be the right machine for that though I'm still researching the whole idea.

thanks for the replys, T

Back
Top Bottom