Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Quality Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Everything About Finds > Stories and Pictures of Finds

Notices

Old 09-17-2011, 03:49 PM

Default Weekend Finds Gold and Silver and new E-Trac

Went out this weekend and found a few good things. Had the E-trac out and used it for about 5 min. went back to the landstar and found this awesome silver 3rd Inf. Div ring. not in the best of shape but that’s ok. Also went to a baseball field and hit up an area in front of the stands and found a nice 14K white gold men’s ring. also found a button that has 1907 Oklahoma on it and a vintage lighter with old German military bases on it, and lots of clad as well.

P.S. E-Tracers....I would like you to help me here I feel like I am missing a lot of coins and possible silver due to not knowing the machine. I think I am doing well with about 10hrs on it so far but I heard that consistent #'s is what to look for and when I got the gold it was 12-07 steady even when I went 90 degrees to it. But I Have been watching some videos on the net and they are getting Washington’s and rosies and some war nickels the signals bounce......ANY HELP WOULD BE AWSOME.

Old 09-17-2011, 04:15 PM
Supporter

Great finds!!

Old 09-17-2011, 05:20 PM
Elite Member

Default Excellent finds

Your doing very well with the other machine but don't give up on that ETrac. All I can say is that right out of the box that ETrac will scream on Silver. It's all a matter of listening to the tones. I often have to hunt is heavy trash mode, but the ETrac will sift it's way through it. Go Slow, swing short. You have some great finds here on this post..congrats.

Old 09-17-2011, 08:11 PM

Listen at the return signal when you find quarters, dimes and silver. Put the find back into the hole and pass the machine over again and again to learn the pitch of the signals. The pitch is high and consistent for big coins and silver. It basically screams at you. The numbers bounce often. I rather dig every solid, consistent signal and do not pay much attention to the numbers. I've found nickels at 12-XX and at 15-XX. Same for gold. Aluminum bottle caps give numbers and a pitch similar to quarters and silver. Dimes chirp a little. Hope this helps

Old 09-17-2011, 08:22 PM
Elite Member

Very nice finds! I can't help you with the e track, but i understand learning it well takes time and pays off....

Old 09-18-2011, 12:57 PM

♬ "Silllver and gollld" ♬
Attached Images