Any good spots in Imperial Valley Desert?

Baja_Frank

Newbie just trying to find a few good spots to go metal detecting. I live in the Imperial Valley in SO CAL. VERY big desert, no idea where to start. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.:D

What would you be looking for. Gold ore,relics? Anza borrego has gold/quartz deposits , so does cargo muchacho Mts on the mexican border Anywhere where there is gold your sure to find relics and or treasure from the ghost towns and people that have been there. I have never hunted these areas so caution is the word when going to unknowned sites but it might give you a start.

Thanks for the input. Im like 40 minutes from the Anza-Borrego State Park and like 50 minutes from the Cargo Muchacho mtns. I have been to the Cargo Muchacho to visit the old mining town of Tumco. I will start there...thanks.

Thanks for the input. Im like 40 minutes from the Anza-Borrego State Park and like 50 minutes from the Cargo Muchacho mtns. I have been to the Cargo Muchacho to visit the old mining town of Tumco. I will start there...thanks.

I'm in Burbank and can tell you that the old mining areas can yield some interesting finds and perhaps a nugget. Lots of trash tho...

Plan on lots of digging and take a pick.

try to find yourself any old mines or old homesteams out there, there should be a few from the gold rush era. check piles of rock for gold that the miners missed hope you the best of luck. Welcome to the mad world of MDing

Yup, check the mine tailings, but don't go in the mine itself. There are lots of gold/silver mines in the area around here; however, the cold temps limit using your MD to maybe 6-7 months a year. Still, you can find alot of gold in that much time.

Dusty

Back
Top Bottom