• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Garrett AT Pro or White's M6?

EtracUser

Hey guys I'm at a dilemma here... I need advice. At pro or M6? I don't want "yes" or "no" I want in depth, videos, articles whatever you got... I will be doing 75% land detecting I.E. parks, houses, schools, empty lots and the other 25 I may try the lakes, ponds or creeks around my area so the water proof feature On the At pro I love Because then I could detect In bad Weather and maybe do shallow water diving. I'm looking for mainly old coins, but would love some jewelry on the beach too. I absolutely need depth out of the chosen machine and it has to be very stable at great depths such as 8-10''. Now if I get either one I will most likely upgrade the second I get the money to an etrac but will keep the other as a backup/ spare or may put larger/deeper seeking coils on it... Whooo:wow: Ok I will shut up now:lol: Please give me lots of deteails I love 'em:laughing::laughing::laughing::digginahole:

I have a Whites M6 and I love it but if I was to buy a detector I would give some thought into buying the Garrett because of the water proof feature. I would be hunting more in wet weather if I had the Garrett.

easy answer...........just drop both in the water and see which one hold up :lol:

you pretty much answered your own question. if you plan on hunting around any water and in bad weather then go with the AT, that way ya won't have any worries

m6andexplorerxs013.jpg

I can't tell you what is right for you. I can only tell you that I love detecting with my M6. In the video you'll be able to notice smearing on the junk targets, a few times I use tone ID, and I do dig up my fair share of junk because I also look for gold jewelry. You can hear how my M6 sounds during pinpointing, it makes it easy finding targets. One cool thing about White's machines is that the VDI numbers are normalized to the same scale which means they're the same on all machines.

Either detector you've narrowed it down to will serve you for many years and find lots of treasure.

Hands down Garrett AT Pro.

Iron audio is great. It's very useful for those tough to hunt iron infested sites.
The waterproof feature alone is what makes it a deal maker. Just yesterday I checked my weather and it said 30% chance of rain, I was going to take my Etrac but wanted to use the ATPro at this site. I got so caught up in detecting I never noticed the menacing thunder clouds coming my way. I got caught in the worst downpour imaginable in the middle of a field with no cover. It even hailed. My detector including myself got drenched within 20 seconds. No doubt in my mind it would have been a disaster had I had my Etrac in that downpour since it took a good 3 minutes to seek shelter. The ATPro was just fine and it actually cleaned the dirt off it with all that rain. Bottom line is you never know when that waterproof feature comes in handy, even if you never plan to hunt in a lake.

Also the 5x8 DD coil I hear is great in the trashy areas and goes almost as deep as the stock 11inch DD

Iron audio is great. It's very useful for those tough to hunt iron infested sites.
The waterproof feature alone is what makes it a deal maker. Just yesterday I checked my weather and it said 30% chance of rain, I was going to take my Etrac but wanted to use the ATPro at this site. I got so caught up in detecting I never noticed the menacing thunder clouds coming my way. I got caught in the worst downpour imaginable in the middle of a field with no cover. It even hailed. My detector including myself got drenched within 20 seconds. No doubt in my mind it would have been a disaster had I had my Etrac in that downpour since it took a good 3 minutes to seek shelter. The ATPro was just fine and it actually cleaned the dirt off it with all that rain. Bottom line is you never know when that waterproof feature comes in handy, even if you never plan to hunt in a lake.

Also the 5x8 DD coil I hear is great in the trashy areas and goes almost as deep as the stock 11inch DD

:thumbsup: Thank you very much:D That is :exactly: What I was looking for in a response:D I really like the idea of water hunting and wading in the lake but I am mainly looking for deep coins and jewelry in parks/houses... does the AT Pro get great depth and stability on old coins at say 8-10 inches?:gimmy::gimmy::gimmy: Thank you very much:bowdown::digginahole::digginahole:

I've been hunting with Michealtime lately and he has the m6. From what i've seen it dosn't have the depth and you have to swing slower. I'm stuck on my ATpro but i think Mike would tell you the same.

I had an XLT about 5 or 6 years back and while I believe it was a great unit I was not yet ready for it so I sold it and bought an ACE 250. I'd like to say I mastered it but not sure?? I recently got a new AT Pro and all I can say is "I love it"! When I'm not using it I'm thinking about using it. When it's dark I'm on this forum reading and thinking about using it. I never even used the standard mode. I put it directly into "PRO-ZERO" all metal mode with iron disc set around 32. I do much less digging now actually and when it locks on a target and is clear, clean and repeatable well I dig. I'm very very pleased with it. Since I've not had an M6 I can't compare it but I can say that I have no regrets with my detector. I was concerned that it would be cheap in build and looks but it's better in person than any of the pics that I had seen. Was wondering why all these guys were pushing the AT Pro so hard and now I know. I've taken it to all my old hunting sites and picked up new coins and a ring today that I'd missed. I'm only using the small coil and have yet to put the 11" on it. was worried about pinpointing with the dd coils, there was no learning curve whatsoever! You can swing it as fast as you'd like. There's no lag that I can tell.

Great review! Be my choice as well! Iron audio works well.

Holler if you have questions or looking for a good deal.

I would go with the AT Pro. When I have used mine, I have found targets/ coins at the 8-10inch mark. The Iron audio is a great feature that will make hunting those iron infested areas a bit easier. The AT Pro is real good with EMI, you can hunt right under high tension power lines. My 75 I gotta keep an eye out for regular powerlines.

In another year or so the E Trac might be replaced. Learn your detector. Either one of those detectors can find great stuff.

I had the M6 and I did really like it. I feel that I was getting better with it the more I used it. I was also very interested in the AT Pro. So when another member of this forum put up his AT for trade looking for an M6, I decided to trade. I do not want to speak for him but he says he likes the M6 and is happy with the trade. And I can tell you that I am very glad that we traded and I do like the AT more then I did the M6. To me the AT has more features but seems to have an easier learning curve for basic use. Also, on paper the AT is lighter, but it feels a little heavier. I think the M6 is more balanced and that makes it feel lighter then the AT. I'm not saying the AT is too heavy, it just feels heavier then the M6 in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom