UPDATED DUNK #3 PIRATE TREASURE :D !! DEW Would be PROUD !! Taking Excal for a dunk today :D

Bigpoppa

Forum Supporter
Man the ocean looks like a lake today, so I think I'm going to take Mr Excal for a dunk as Mr Dew suggested....Hopefully I will finally get one signal out there , where the fishy's hang out :D

http://thesurfersview.com/live-beach-cams/south-jersey/margate-city

If you don't hear back from me, then either I am floating out there somewhere or I found squaddush...
Some will be happy and some will be sad :p

Good Luck today if you get out !!!

Here are the results for today :(

Thought it was going to be my lucky day, when I found this:

horseshoe.jpg

Mehhhh...It was alot of fun, but the west winds never happened and it started getting a bit rough as the tide changed and winds were blowing from I think the East..Got pretty choppy :(

Nothing great, but almost no trash at all...

Missing from the pic, cause it must be with my wife is my proudest recovery of the day..It was a tiny post earring that flashed gold and fell through the scoop on the first dig..I spent the next 20 mins recovering that little guy only to find out that it wasn't gold :(
Still proud that I got it after a few faces full of water and getting bounced around..Now I know I can retrieve most anything :D

Bunch of Junk jewelry and $1.69 in Clad

8-30-121JPG.jpg

8-30-12.jpg

Took Mr Excal for another dunk today and spent about 2.5-3 hours in the water and on the fringe...Not many signals out there with the fishys, however the ones that I did get, I am starting to retrieve easier and easier...I guess like anything , it all takes practice...My left arm though is about ready to fall off :yes: :lol:
I would like to thank Craig, for a tip he gave someone once about putting your left foot on the coil and then placing the scoop right about your toes..Works well Brother !!!

Totals for Dunk #2...

.37 in Clad

7- Arcade tokens- some kid is not happy :(

Stainless Guitar Pic

Some sinkers and some more junk jewelry

I only have 10 days left till my one year anniversary, so if I plan on breaking $400 in clad for the year, then I better head back to the dry sand of Drunk Monkey Beach...Stand by :wow:

8-31-121.jpg

8-31-12.jpg

Excal Dunking Day #3

Okay, so today I had to go out after all of the talk this morning of Ginormous rings...I just couldn't take it !!!

Today was my most accomplished day in the water and I was in there all day..Probably like 4.5-5 hours...Mr RTG is starting to get along with me much better :yes:

Check out these totals today at a new water hunting location :D
3 hours into the hunt and I dug a grimey little bag, that was tied together with a leather pull string, in about 3 feet of water at about 3/4 low tide..It was down in the second scoopful after taking off the top layer... Hmmm.. What do you think ???

Totals:

$5.84 in Clad 16-Quarters 13-Dimes 6-Nickels 24-Pennies
1- Bag of what do you think :D
Some asst fishing lures/sinkers etc..
1- Sultan Action Figure (you can see that he is green with envy)
Not a single piece of jewelry- no fake or real ??? strange ??

It was 95 degrees out, but nice and cool in the water..
Even the lifeguard commented to me "Man you were out there a long time "

I know I'm going back here soon :yes:

9-1-121.jpg

9-1-122.jpg

9-1-12.jpg

Last edited:
Good luck! Hope you hit a target rich environment. Ocean was really calm today as well in Guam. Smooth and clear. I could see my coil easily in waist deep water. Glad your taking Mr. Excal for a dunk...he's probably thirsty :lol:

Thats what im talking about..... initiate it. Right behind those breakers looks sweet. Show the CTX and AT Pro guys what water proof really means. I dont know why, but now i can picture you with mask, snorkel, and flippers coming out of that water.:laughing:

Dew

Get out there and find some gold! Don't forget, bring your scoop and leave that shovel home!:D Wish I was there to join you. Good luck!

Get out there and find some gold! Don't forget, bring your scoop and leave that shovel home!:D Wish I was there to join you. Good luck!

Shovel is staying in the truck...My left arm will resemble jelly tomorrow , from that RTG, and a half a bottle of Alleve will probably be consumed :yes: :lol:

Make sure you get in touch, when you are back up here buddy :D

Last edited:
Glad your taking Mr. Excal for a dunk...he's probably thirsty :lol:

If he gets real thirsty, I'll take him to Venturas for a couple of cold brews and we can smile and wave to Lucy :shock:

I don't know what it is about Excals. but they drink like fishes :?: :?:
I better bring some extra cash :yes:

Thats what im talking about..... initiate it. Right behind those breakers looks sweet. Show the CTX and AT Pro guys what water proof really means. I dont know why, but now i can picture you with mask, snorkel, and flippers coming out of that water.:laughing:

Dew

Dew...You have motivated me to put some time in today...Thanks..
Will see if the results are any better this time..There has to be something out there :shock:

Mask, snorkel and flippers... I think you are picturing Austin Powers coming out of the surf with that fur ball chest :lol:
or maybe it was Felicity Shagwell better yet :D :cool: :wow:

What do you do about the sharks around the fishing pier? I saw some guys chumming off the pier. If you see any fins just think Jimmy Buffet. :lol:

Well BP, the results don't look too bad. Those five pieces of jewelry look like silver. All in all not too bad and you got to use that scoop. :yes: How's the arm holding up? I know that RTG isn’t much heavier than mine. When is the next spin?

Well BP, the results don't look too bad. Those five pieces of jewelry look like silver. All in all not too bad and you got to use that scoop. :yes: How's the arm holding up? I know that RTG isn’t much heavier than mine. When is the next spin?

Good Morning Jeep :D

It was fun yesterday and I had some funny conversations with people as I cruised on by..Still not much in the way of targets out past the breakers...
The silver colored earring has no markings, but a piece is broken off, so I'm not sure if it's real, but it has that silver patina..
The bracelet gave off a really nice tone and that one was right in the wave break zone, so it wasn't easy to retrieve..When I finally got it, the end was hanging off the lip of the scoop, so I got excited..I then retrievd the other piece in the hole as I probably busted it with the scoop..I think its just junk metal, but not positive...

I think I'm going back out again today in the water...
The left arm is achey, but once you get started, you know that you forget about any aches and pains :yes:

Good Luck if you get out buddy...

Cant believe you got out there .... man no one gets out there, what were you thinking? all those sharks, jelly fish, and sting rays and rip tides.... not to mention you are way to far out to watch all the ladies on the beach :laughing:

There arent as many targets out there, but if you find a good target line where people constantly are the trash to good targets really improve. No gold, but id still call that a pretty good day down my way. Hunting out there very far requires checking those tide, swell, and wind charts. Good job....

Dew

Proud of ya BigPoppa! Those finds just show you were in the right zone.And know what you are doing.Even though you may have been a little doubtful.When you find little at all is the bad zone.
I'll tell you my first time.I found her a little fridgid.The night before i was hoping she wouldn't be rough.Went to the bar,and she left me with the tab:laughing: A couple of times later and she gave me a ring.I must have been doing something right:shock: We been married ever since.During winter i don't get to see her much.Hope she don't mind me seeing the drysand come winter.Maybe that wetsuit might be in my future?:D
Different guys got to hunt different ways.Me i stick to the runnels.Our waves are too big to go outside the sandbar usually.When you get between the two breaks i can handle it.With a sandbar in between you,you can still salvage your scoop and detector if something happens.Outside of a sandbar you got to be prepared to let them both go bye bye and live for another day.I'm not young anymore.I hurt before i go detecting:lol:
You must have been hunting in pinpoint? I use discrim set on 4 or 5 sensitivity.Some guys can dig deep as heck.Discrim gets me as deep as i can go in the water.Once you go over a foot deep the sand starts filling in around your scoop.Then you got to do some extra "carrot pulling" technique.Not sure why i'm getting a dualfield next:laughing:

Back
Top Bottom