My best find today was an eyeball find

bruinvikes

Elite Member
I was coming back from Louisville today (I'm a truck driver) and I was about two miles from the company lot when I noticed a scattered pile of fire wood in the middle of the intersection. I slowly tried to proceed through when all of a sudden I see a brand new chain saw in the pile, as well as a gas can and I smell gas too. I quickly moved all of the wood from the roadway and threw the new saw and the full gas can in my rig and drove off. The ironic thing is that just a couple of months ago I bought the same make and model of saw that I found. So now I have two brand new saws :laughing:

Just so that an uproar doesn't start and the opinions start rolling through...

...I have been keeping track of Craigslist for any lost and found ads to get it to its rightful owner.

Fell right off a truck and they never noticed.
Not everyone uses the internet or knows about Craigslist so nice you are attempting to return it but I bet you will now own a set.

As much wood that was in the road, it had to have made a terrible racket. The only thing I can think is that he had his radio blaring or he was in deep conversation on a cell phone or something. I dunno, I hate to speculate, but seriously, there was quite a bit of wood and it had to be loud.

Hey bruinvikes,
I think that chainsaw belonged to me. Hope you saved my wood. I just bought the saw, but can't remember the brand or model, right off the top of my head. Is there any way you could mail it back to North Carolina :laughing::laughing::laughing:

It was my wife's Christmas present...:laughing::laughing:Really !

Hey bruinvikes,
I think that chainsaw belonged to me. Hope you saved my wood. I just bought the saw, but can't remember the brand or model, right off the top of my head. Is there any way you could mail it back to North Carolina :laughing::laughing::laughing:

It was my wife's Christmas present...:laughing::laughing:Really !

:laughing::laughing:

Wow, well nothing like owning two stihl wood boss saws. Lost mine and some good firewood back in Ohio today, real shame.

Nothing on comparison but I found a nice rock hammer just atop the ground at the river a few weeks ago. It's branded but nobody's replied to my CL found ad, so I've got an ice rock hammer now.

Not you, someone else :pirate:

Maybe the unattentive and careless woody borrowed that saw from a friend?

Which reminds me, NEVER loan out a chainsaw to anybody!:laughing::laughing:
Good clean find there Bruin...
Mud

...I have been keeping track of Craigslist for any lost and found ads to get it to its rightful owner.

At least you're trying to do the right thing. A chain saw would be a major purchase for a lot of people. It might be a part of their only source of income. you might put an ad in the newspaper. I guess some people still read them. It would be like trying to return a found ring to the right owner.

Remember that you are someone that hunts for lost stuff.. You did good..

Nice score!

Another case of "it's not the detector, it's the detecter". I have found close to $1,000 with eyeball finds, including 3 $100 bills. I got to where I never watch my coil except in my peripheral vision-sometimes I see fine gold chains, paper money, etc. Good awareness on your part.:cool:

Back
Top Bottom