Hello to the forum:

Hughie

Hi to all,
I'm super new to the hobby, truth is a lost lawn mower part is how I got started,. I'm not sure what I'm looking for out of metal detecting other than finding something old and learning a little more about it's history. I have always been interested in old tools and living in farm country I expect I will find some sometime. So far it's big old bolts from tillage equipment, nails, and what appears to be rusted through chain links. Have yet to find the missing lawnmower part but it's out there.
Other than an amusing story as they reveal themselves to me, I don't have much to offer. My main reason to be here is student.
So with that said Hello once more, I'm Hughie and I live in south eastern Wisconsin.

Welcome from Kansas. Cant wait to see post of your finds. Good Luck and Happy Hunting.

Welcome! Its good you found this Sport, now you will realize how much of a Time Waster chores like mowing the grass are! This is a big planet, coils are small, Time and Gold wait for nobody!:laughing::laughing:

For a Detectorist, Mowing grass is a complete waste of time, a week after you are dead, somebody else will have to do it, so why not let them do it now? Or just wait until it snows? Old coins and treasure can only be found once!...theres NO time to waste! Get cracking!:laughing:
Mud

Back
Top Bottom