whats your choice of brew after the hunt

Dflan83

Elite Member
On these long hot summer days a brew is often welcome after sweating in the sun to find treasures. Simple question, What is your choice brew after a long hot day of metal detecting?

I've been on a craft brew kick recently and enjoy a castaway IPA by Kona Brewing co. I find it a crisp and refreshing brew after a long summer day

Usually a splash of Makers Mark, neat, often with a fine cigar.

Good stuff

Attachments

• tea.jpg
    tea.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 327
My brew of choice is the beer I make myself. I got a Coopers DIY kit for Christmas and I have not bought beer from the store since. I have tried the their Australian lager, dark ale, and I made a recipe for their unreal ale. All have been surprisingly good. I have gotten positive reviews from friends and family as well on how good the beers are. I eventually will add more equipment and start doing all grain kits as the beer should be even better. Definitely fun to make it, drink it, and share it with others.

Usually a splash of Makers Mark, neat, often with a fine cigar.

We could be good friends :cool:!

I do enjoy a good IPA, usually a Southern Tier 2X, or Caged Alpha Monkey. But in these warmer days, I very much enjoy a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale or Ithaca Apricot Wheat. I recently found Magic Hat "Stealin' Time Summer Wheat". It's infused with ginger - WOW, is that good stuff!

On these long hot summer days a brew is often welcome after sweating in the sun to find treasures. Simple question, What is your choice brew after a long hot day of metal detecting?

I've been on a craft brew kick recently and enjoy a castaway IPA by Kona Brewing co. I find it a crisp and refreshing brew after a long summer day

anything cold wet and zero alcohol!

I never understood how people say anything with alcohol actually tastes good......FOOEY...

I allways ask people if it didnt have booze in it would you drink it...

9 times outta 10 they say nope...

well it doesnt really taste that good then

I brew my own, too. Something very much like Guiness but at a tiny fraction of the cost. Great stuff.

Sorry to tell you ...but if you are not drinking Miller High Life then you are spending way too much clad on beer!! Absolutly the best beer ever. :D:D :cool:

Ice cold water...

Beer is the equivalent to horse piss.

So you want to save some loot beer drinkers,,,find yourself a horse.

Wonderful delicious ice cold water with a spoonful of Stevia and a splash of lemon stirred in.

Sometimes I shake it up a little and instead of lemon, I grab a sprig of mint from the garden and crush that into the water. YUMMMMMM

SageGrouse

My drinking hobby rarely has anything to do with my detecting hobby :lol: Usually after a hunt I am wanting rehydration so its usually just water.

I do sometimes brew 5 gallon batches of beer though , usually a dark ale. As for the storebought kind I am not real picky , anything as long as its not " lite " and watered down tasting. Bold hops and a slight bitterness is my favorite. I discovered some called " pine drops " last year , tastes like a wood shop....good stuff , but not everybody appreciates flavors like that.

My brew of choice is the beer I make myself. I got a Coopers DIY kit for Christmas and I have not bought beer from the store since. I have tried the their Australian lager, dark ale, and I made a recipe for their unreal ale. All have been surprisingly good. I have gotten positive reviews from friends and family as well on how good the beers are. I eventually will add more equipment and start doing all grain kits as the beer should be even better. Definitely fun to make it, drink it, and share it with others.

I got the Cooper kit several years ago and really enjoyed it. It's surprising how good the beer is and how cheap it is to make. I quit drinking and gave it away. I guess I could have kept it and maybe made root beer.

I'm not a big Sam Adams fan, but their Rebel Rouser double IPA is kick-A!

If I'm really thirsty, I will stoop for a beer-flavored water such as Miller or Budweiser, but usually only to not offend a friend or relative's offer.

Back
Top Bottom