Greetings from SE NM

tone deaf

Greetings from Artesia NM!

My name is Joaquín and I have a problem, that's the first step right? Anyway, I always wanted a md and finally made it happen. I was working in Cheyenne WY and I found a little store, Diggin' it, and paid it a visit. The owner Ron was very nice and helpful and I walked out with a Teknetics T2. I've had the machine for about three weeks and I've researched, read the manual once or twice and been busy ridding the front yard of nails and junk.

I've already learned so much from this forum and hope to be able to contribute to it someday. Hopefully I find something interesting so I can share some pics.

Never figured the "swinging" lifestyle would be for me but here I am. :D

Welcome Joacuin! You got a great rig and a really great handle! "Tone deaf' is really cool...Wyoming is a good place too...lots of Old West kind of things out there...things most of us will never have the chance to find! Sweet! Glad you joined! Have that Ron guy put you onto some stuff...gain all you can from willing people..
Mud

Welcome from Kansas. You picked a GREAT MACHINE to start out with. Good Luck and Happy Hunting.

Hola, bienvenido

Welcome aboard from NW Florida!!
(from a former New Mexico resident)

22728_10152223142160635_925608420_n.jpg

Welcome to the board, Joaquín! Let me know if you are ever in Santa Fe NM! We could hunt together!

SageGrouse

Greetings from Ohio. Have traveled through Artesia many times while on my way to visit Carlsbad Caverns.
Maybe you could get up there to Roswell and detect some of that alien metal. Seriously though start with parks and learn your machine. Happy hunting.

Welcome from Buffalo NY
Like the shop's name " Diggin It " , now your a Swinger , Good Luck !
HH

Thanks Mud! Tone Deaf just popped into my head after spending a few hours trying to decipher the funny noises coming out of my machine. Wyoming was beautiful but my stay was short. Ron sent me to Medicine Bow' 40 mins west of Cheyenne. I managed to pull out lots of old spent cases. Lots of blanks which I thought was odd. I found one with no pin mark on the primer but no bullet and no marks on the case. Kinda strange. I figured out what it is and what happen to the bullet. I'll have to post a pic of it later. I think I got my detecting rig sorted out and my 5" coil came in the other day. Now I have the original 11", the 5" and a 15" coil. I better start finding some money soon to make up for all this spending!

Welcome Joacuin! You got a great rig and a really great handle! "Tone deaf' is really cool...Wyoming is a good place too...lots of Old West kind of things out there...things most of us will never have the chance to find! Sweet! Glad you joined! Have that Ron guy put you onto some stuff...gain all you can from willing people..
Mud

Muchas gracias. Where in the Land of Entrapment did you reside?

Welcome aboard from NW Florida!!
(from a former New Mexico resident)

22728_10152223142160635_925608420_n.jpg

I may have to plan a trip north and hunt with you one of these days. Thanks, Sage.

Welcome to the board, Joaquín! Let me know if you are ever in Santa Fe NM! We could hunt together!

SageGrouse

I'll leave the alien stuff for the tourist. Around here it's not called the Alien crash site but the Alien Cash site since that's where they separate tourist from dollars. :lol:

Greetings from Ohio. Have traveled through Artesia many times while on my way to visit Carlsbad Caverns.
Maybe you could get up there to Roswell and detect some of that alien metal. Seriously though start with parks and learn your machine. Happy hunting.

I was diggin' the name as well.

Welcome from Buffalo NY
Like the shop's name " Diggin It " , now your a Swinger , Good Luck !
HH

Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes. This really is the friendly MDing forum. I'm glad I found this place.

I was in the Albuquerque area, lived in Edgewood for a while but still worked in Abq. The company I worked for had me covering the whole state for service calls. I got there in 83 and left in 10. My wife hated the area and wanted to move back to Florida so we did. Only wished I had started detecting while I was there... running out of Green Chile so we may have to make another trip back that way soon though. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom