First Gold!

stoney

Well, the "no gold" curse is finally broken. I found this ring in a place that I was sure had nothing at all save a few nails and aluminum cans.

When found the stone was unrecognizable, but the "TIFFANY & CO" and 18K stamps got my attention!

Now that it is cleaned up it looks quite nice, and has been appraised for a sum that basically pays for my two detectors and, if all goes as planned, a new AT Pro! The stone is lapis lazuli.

I am now officially hooked on detecting.

Enjoy! I never thought I would be posting on this sub-forum!

Skip

Attachments

• IMG_0118.jpg
    IMG_0118.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 2,596
Wow Skip, that is quite a bobble you found!! :D:shock::yes:

It is, indeed! I feel very lucky. I have only been detecting seriously for three years and have found some nice silver rings and lots of coins, but I was beginning to think that there were no gold pieces in my future. Funny how the hobby now feels so much different!

Not expecting to ever see anything like this again, but I've been wrong before!

Skip

Congrats on the gold. That is a beautiful ring. I have the no gold curse too. I have found plated stuff but still not anything as nice as your ring. Hope plenty more comes your way.

Hey, northwest Vermont.... That's my mom's!!!!......

:lol:

Kidding, of course. Great find! Congrats!

Super nice ring at 18K. And a T&C, killer find.

I hope you get a great price for it but don't rely on an appraiser. I found a ring appraised at 14 grand and the most I could get was 2500.00. Still nothing to complain about.

Good luck and hope another finds its way under your coil.

Man you are in trouble now! Once you find Gold you can't wait to leave the house to find more.

Exactly! I am sitting in my office wondering how I am going to sneak away and check out a local beach before the rain starts. Good thing I have a very laid-back job!

Back
Top Bottom