Got accepted!

Awesome Donney!!! Make the best of it. Probably going to need to start saving that clad up for books and tuition.

You wrote "Deez Nutz" to your mom? That is wrong on so many levels, but congratz on getting accepted!

Deez Nutz :laughing: I hope Mom's got a good sense of humor.
BIG Congrats to you!!

haha she was mostly just happy i wasnt rejected at that point :laughing::laughing:

Congratulations!
My daughter is in college and the bills are racking up sky-high.
I hope you do well and apply yourself, it is a privilege:yes:

Congrats!
I went back to school at 47 and received a degree.
I have ALOT of respect for our younger generation who are able to go to school, maintain a good GPA and work a job. It wore me out!
On the other hand I did see some kids that just did not take advantage of this wonderful opportunity. They did just enough to get by and keep their parents happy.
Make the most of it and try your hardest, that's all anyone could ask of you.

Yeah, it's been a crazy senior year so far with a job, but im getting used to it and it'll be great practice for next year. I'm very excited and with my job will be able to stay debt free/to a bare minimum :D

Congratulations Ethan. What do you plan on majoring in? I understand FSU has an outstanding program on underwater basket weaving. :D

Thanks Rudy! I'm planning to major in classics (Latin) with the goal of becoming a high-school Latin teacher. FSU has one of the best classics departments in the country which is awesome :D

Best advice I got about college when I was in.... Get your degree asap, don't waste semesters messing around! :-) The bills add up quick, and its not uncommon to owe a lot of money on the way out after all. Congrats!

I'll definitely try to do that haha I have no urge to stay longer than needed ;) :laughing:

Big Congrats, Donny! Study hard and have fun!

Thanks Chip! :D

Macte hac gloria!

Congratulations you young whippersnapper! :lol:

Seriously, congrats!

Thank you GS :) I googled that just to be sure I was translating correctly :laughing::laughing: It means a lot :)

Awesome Donney!!! Make the best of it. Probably going to need to start saving that clad up for books and tuition.

At this rate I should be debt free by about...oh crappp...:laughing::laughing:

Congrats on your acceptance Donny. :D

If I can give you any advice it would be this: test out of as many classes as possible if your university will allow it. I got all my GE credits through CLEP testing/ DSST exams and it has saved me a ton of money. Basically CLEP tests are tests you take at a testing center (usually a university) on the computer on specific subjects. If you pass the credits for an entire class are yours. At around $80 per test plus the testing fee from the Uni, it's way cheaper than actually taking all those classes at hundreds or thousands of dollars apiece.

Doing college this way (plus living/working from home) is what has allowed me to be about halfway into my English major 100% debt free. I love passing on money saving tips to other students. Also, FEMA offers free online classes that some universities allow you to redeem as credit hours. I got about 30 credits that way absolutely free.

Back
Top Bottom