High finance in the 21st century...

DIGGER27

In Memory Of
Alabama, by way of Detroit, Tampa Bay, Alabama and
"The bank lent me $2m so I spent it on strippers and cars"

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-38308842?ref=yfp

Unapologetic, it wasn't his fault, his only regret is the 6 months he had to spend in jail.

"I was never expecting to go to jail and thought I'd be found innocent."

"The judge said I was dishonest, but we don't live in a society where moral wrongs result in people being locked up behind bars and their liberty taken away from them.
I was just unlucky I guess that it happened to me."

He was eventually acquitted.
I bet the bank is pretty mad about all of it.
Don't know about the laws in this country for doing the same thing but I don't think acquittal would have been the same outcome.

Now he is going to become a layer so he can help others in jail....we will see.

Is it just me or is there something wrong in all his?
Should greed and "moral wrongdoings" have a bigger price tag on it than his guy paid?

It would seem there would be some heavier consequences. But if there law is like ours , a good informed argumentative person , I didn't want to say good lawyer , :lol: , sorry lawyers , they can twist things around and come out reasonably well. I couldn't do it , and I don't see how a lawyer can sleep with some of the people they have to defend.
BTW.....
What's worse than a room full of lawyers ??,,,,

<POLITICAL REMARK REMOVED>>

Last edited by a moderator:
Bankers do that x1000 and get away with it with out ever spending a minute in jail, good to see a reguar guy do the same honestly...

I don't see that he did anything wrong legally. How is this any different than a pop icon blowing wads of credit buying junk and going bankrupt? McHammer buying a private plane he couldn't afford ring a bell?

Sure, the bank made a mistake and he wrongly (morally) took advantage of it...but shouldn't the bank really be held responsible since it was their mistake?

Back
Top Bottom