is this button military?

HannibalNectar

Elite Member
Back mark says D EVANS ATTLBORO MASS.
I SEE THAT MOST BUTTONS MADE BY THIS COMPANY WERE MILITARY. I WAS WONDERING IF THIS IS MAYBE MILITARY AND PART OF SOME MUSIC SECTION. I READ THIS LYRE HARP IS THE SYMBOL FOR MILITARY MUSIC PEOPLE. BUGLERS, MARCHING BAND, DRUMMERS.
Any help with age ?
THANKS

Attachments

• 20150831_181844-1.jpg
    20150831_181844-1.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 116
  • 20150831_181844-1-1.jpg
    20150831_181844-1-1.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 121
I think what you have is off a band uniform. To help you date it, you might want to give us a good look at the back. I can't find your exact wording on a D Evans backmark.

I think what you have is off a band uniform. To help you date it, you might want to give us a good look at the back. I can't find your exact wording on a D Evans backmark.

I cant get a pic right now but I think u r right I believe It may say d evans & co attleboro. ? After the s in evans kts hard to see. But its only space for (&co)

This is what it looks like. I snagged this pic off internet. Im not with my button. Im 99% sure this is exactly what mine looks like. Like I said its clear except where the "&co" is.
Mine does not say mass. Just the attleboro
Thanks for the help

Attachments

• th.jpeg
    th.jpeg
    11 KB · Views: 117
I cant get a pic right now but I think u r right I believe It may say d evans & co attleboro. ? After the s in evans kts hard to see. But its only space for (&co)

D. Evans & co looks to be 1848-1945. Almost 100 year window there hopefully someone can give you a smaller window. Great find and HH!

Back
Top Bottom