Mystery Object ID help

garrett gti Dan

Hello. I was metal detecting in my yard with my gti and I found this circular object. Can anyone tell me what it is? I don't know if this is just scrap junk or something of value. Please help.
Thanks,
Dan

83632819475b053fef9312c57d4c2434.jpg

827e8bc01d76f9e92cd951cfaa9a6ab3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Around here, the water utility meters are in the ground. Someone gets paid by the city, to pull up the covers, read the numbers every month (skeptical). We have an assortment around town, some just happen to be round, about 8 inches or so, similar pattern on the bottom. Most are metal, have seen plastic. Also rectangular, like mine.
I've been noticing them more lately, because our city is going digital and wireless. Mine got swapped out a couple of weeks ago, haven't popped the cover, to see what they did. I never found the shut off in my yard, have always used the one at the meter, when I needed to plumbing work. Hoping there is still a shut off valve I can use...

Around here, the water utility meters are in the ground. Someone gets paid by the city, to pull up the covers, read the numbers every month (skeptical). We have an assortment around town, some just happen to be round, about 8 inches or so, similar pattern on the bottom. Most are metal, have seen plastic. Also rectangular, like mine.
I've been noticing them more lately, because our city is going digital and wireless. Mine got swapped out a couple of weeks ago, haven't popped the cover, to see what they did. I never found the shut off in my yard, have always used the one at the meter, when I needed to plumbing work. Hoping there is still a shut off valve I can use...

Thanks Harvey. The reason I asked was I am a plumber, and have never seen one. (Probably because I've lived here in the frozen North all my life).....:yes:

Thanks Harvey. The reason I asked was I am a plumber, and have never seen one. (Probably because I've lived here in the frozen North all my life).....:yes:

I'm From Western NY, we have them here. Really lights up when you scan one by the curb. Just keep on going. I never found on and dug it up without a shutoff or meter under the lid though!

Never heard of that before.
When I first sw it with the one hole in it, I thought clapper for wind chimes.

Back
Top Bottom