Happy Father's Day to me! My favorite lil 1939 house produces again! And gained access to the neighbor's yard! Lots of keepers!

Silver Bandit

Forum Supporter
Went back to my favorite lil yard... Gridding it off now in the front yard... Still found good stuff... Found another 1935 S merc and a 44P war nickel! Also hit several wheats, a 47 nickel, and an old pocket knife (returned to owner... Likely her grandfather's!) after a while, the really nice old couple next door stopped to chat... Found out the guy played football at Clemson in the 40s and taught chemistry (like I do!)... Got the green light to hunt their yard! House was built in 1935... Hit several more wheats, a 1950 rosie, and a 1905 indian head! That is a rarity for me as most homes here are from the 30s and younger.... Good day and great Father's Day goodies! Happy Father's Day to all you dads out there as well!:lol:

By the way... The ring is a kids copper ring and. I have no clue about the button with the red border... Will take another pic of it...:?:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 410
Very nice. You teach Chemistry eh? We would get along very well (aside from the whole Clemson thing...) Chemistry is my favorite!

congrats on the goodies. The more I look at the red thing the more it keeps changing on me. I have no idea what it is

Very nice. You teach Chemistry eh? We would get along very well (aside from the whole Clemson thing...) Chemistry is my favorite!

congrats on the goodies. The more I look at the red thing the more it keeps changing on me. I have no idea what it is

Yup I teach advanced Biology and Chemistry at the high school level! Love it! Also am the head coach of the track and field program.... So I stay busy! :laughing:

Still dont know bout the red thing either!

Went back to my favorite lil yard... Gridding it off now in the front yard... Still found good stuff... Found another 1935 S merc and a 44P war nickel! Also hit several wheats, a 47 nickel, and an old pocket knife (returned to owner... Likely her grandfather's!) after a while, the really nice old couple next door stopped to chat... Found out the guy played football at Clemson in the 40s and taught chemistry (like I do!)... Got the green light to hunt their yard! House was built in 1935... Hit several more wheats, a 1950 rosie, and a 1905 indian head! That is a rarity for me as most homes here are from the 30s and younger.... Good day and great Father's Day goodies! Happy Father's Day to all you dads out there as well!:lol:

By the way... The ring is a kids copper ring and. I have no clue about the button with the red border... Will take another pic of it...:?:

The button with the red border appears to me to be a 25th infantry division button. Rotate it 180 degrees and add the lightning. See link below:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/25th_Infantry_Division_(United_States)

Button is certainly 25th Inf. Once stationed at Schofield Barracks in Hawaii they became the first troops fired on in WW2 as the airfield was attacked just before the port at Pearl Harbor. During Nam this unit supplied a large amount of troops to the conflict .......... including an Uncle who had one of those pins on his Boonie hat for years.

Back
Top Bottom