Lancaster , PA

J

jsthursday

anyone in the Lancaster, Pennsylvania area and would like to hunt soon? It is getting really nice out and I would love for someone to help me hunt! Send me a PM.

Hi jsthursday,
Im a little East of you , but there is a pretty strong metal detecting club in your area , if you like that kind of thing. Heres a link , Lancaster Research and Recovery Club http://www.lrrc.org/

jim

Hi from west reading

I am in West Reading and plan on MD a small BaseBall field 2 blocks away
i am prolly going to out on thursday(70 degrees) and check it out and try out my new gold finding sticks,along with my MD
if youre interested in spending a few hours with me,your more than welcome to join me
lemme know before thursday,i also have a few other spots to checkout that are close to my house,but the wife takes the car to work and apart from taking the bus,im kinda stuck,they are not far from my house(10 mins via car) if you dont mind being the designated driver.
ill drop you my name and number if youre interested and we can take it from there,and yes i have a letter from the local township giving permission to dig at the baseball field
thankz

Im From Adamstown Pa But Unfortunately I Havent Bought A Md Yet. I Still Have My Old Whites 2900 Coinmaster.

im working on getting permission to MD a huge well used public area close to my house
they hold carnivals in the summer and flea markets every sunday during the summer
it about 2 football fields in size and hopefully ill get the go ahead before the end of the week cause im on vacation for this week only
should be very interesting for finding clad and possible rings,and anything else that maybe well sunk into the ground
i md a little area round there last year and found a few wheaties, and old stove knob and a few other bits and pieces,so i got my fingers crossed
It will be a huge task and a whole lotta fun and if one or two people would like to join me post something here or drop me a P/M
ill be taking my camera along for the ride also
Happy Hunting Folks

Hey, I'm from Lancaster area, too... Just got my detector and went out a grand total of one times... It'd be neat to connect with someone in the area with more experience. pm me if you have any local tips or want to connect sometime. Thanks!

I live outside Coatesville. Not to far from most of you here. Been researching some 1860's maps of the area. Drop a PM if your intrested. Maybe we should try to get a group hunt?

im up for a group hunt
i still have half a field to hunt if anyone wants to join me..i live in west reading
message me or something

I live outside Coatesville. Not to far from most of you here. Been researching some 1860's maps of the area. Drop a PM if your intrested. Maybe we should try to get a group hunt?

I'm in Thorndale if you are interested in getting together sometime and detecting. Let me know

ive got a spot picked out for a little group hunt..and i have the permission letter to go along with it
just need some go getters to join me
look me up..

MrAir - What do you got, lets get some guys together. I'm ready. Just about finished up a fair ground. Found a nice ring there.
PJRoo- PM me me if you want to get out before it gets COLD. You probably know the fair ground "The Strawberry Festival".

MrAir - What do you got, lets get some guys together. I'm ready. Just about finished up a fair ground. Found a nice ring there.
PJRoo- PM me me if you want to get out before it gets COLD. You probably know the fair ground "The Strawberry Festival".

I'd love to get out before it gets too cold... I'm getting a Sovereign GT next week, so I'll be ready to go. Weekends are good for me as well as evenings on Thurs and Fri.

sorry i been away..been buisy/lazy this time of the year
if we can get a little group interested..id like to plan a hunt at the Blue Marsh Lake Swimming area
i have the Permission letter organised..now i just need to get off my lazy butt and get organised
lemme know if anyone is interested
cheers

If it doesn't stop raining soon the lake level will make the beach disappear:shock:
I'm in if you go. I thought about that area before as well. Haven't been there in a few years.

Brian

how about we try to plan it for next weekend
hopefully the the water will have gone down a bit and it will be a few degrees cooler..so we can avoid the swimmers..this weekend they are calling for rain on saturday...and sunday i have to lift my sidewalk repack it and seal it..the rain is seeping into my basement
p/m me some names and some phone numbers and ill call you and set it up for the 3rd(saturday) or the 4th (sunday) of november,which ever best suits us all
i have the permission letter organised so we can all meet at the marsh or at a nearby location (food stop)
metal detecting after a good breakfast is always a good thing
that way i can work off them extra cheese burgers.. :-)
cheers
this might sound a little funny but bring a shopping bag to wrap around your box
i have a friend up in canada whos brand new metal detector gave his all sorts of problems,false readings and poor sound quality due to the sand getting into his unit
he ended up having to take it to the shop to have it looked at
bring a sand scoop if you have one

Last edited:
I'm in. Got my Sovereign Gt on Thursday. Ready to try it out. You think Saturday might be better since we turn the clocks back that night? Either way, let me know. Sounds like fun.

drop me a p/m with your home number
i have one other hunter coming with so far..hope it will be a great day
i will call you midweek and get something organised for the weekend of 3rd or 4th of nov
cheers

Back
Top Bottom