I Need a carry case, I can carry without disassembling the detector?

Bajanick

Elite Member
I would like to find a case that would allow me to store my detector (MXT) without disassembling it.
Has anyone ever made one? or have a suggestion such as a rifle bag, although I would prefer a hardcase?
I found a case on whites website but its not quite big enough.

CAN A MODERATOR MOVE THIS TO THE ACCESSORIES FORUM, DIDNT REALIZE THERE WAS ONE. SORRY..... :(

If you want a hard case with padding inside, then you'll probably need to have that built. I found a large (unpadded) bag on ebay which holds 2 detectors. I only need to shorten the shafts. It's got a large pocket on each side too.

Now that I think of it, I do see hard cases for fisher 1280-x's up for sale on ebay now and then. Don't know if they require any disassembly of the detector or not.

Guess you really-really like your machine. :D

Its not that I like my machine, lol, Its that I would like to be able to quickly start detecting without having to assemble it. I wouldnt mind adjusting the shaft but, its still like 51" long on the shortest setting.

I just measured my bag and it's only 48 inches long. My detectors collapse and fit with room to spare. Maybe you need to look into something like a bag for ski's - multiple sets of ski's.

You might be happiest just looking for a place that makes custom cases. They might even have a standard size that would fit your machine already. Then you'd only need to place your detector inside and cut-out the foam to make room for the machine.

I hate taking these machines apart and putting them back together again too.

Good luck!

P.S. If you find a place with cases full of foam, let me know - I've got 6 of these things and they just don't stack neatly.

I carry four different cases all of which will allow you to keep the detector assembled when you load it in. One is Whites own case. Let me know if you need any more info. 8)

Most of the major detector producing companies have these cases as accessories. I have seen Garrett and Minelab (for example, I'm sure there are others) do offer this type of carrying case.

Tom

Ok Thanks for the advice guys, I saw one on whites website but it does not give inside dimensions.

You can also try a softsided guitar case, gun case, or archery case, as someone previously mentioned.

Or go see Tony. He'll hook you up.

Bajanick, I'm sure you already figured something out but I just wanted to add that I have the standard padded Whites case for my MXT and it fits fine when the lower rod is collapsed completely.

my wife got me one on the internet canvass and fits my idx pro and a prism11 works greatshe said she got it from whites

IV ALSO BEEN LOOKING AROUND, YOU MIGHT GO TO A SPORTING STORE,AN LOOK AT THE BAT BAGS,BASEBALL PLAYERS USE,ALSO I WAS AT DICK'S SPORTING GOOD'S,AN THEY CARRY HARD CASE'S,FOR GUN'S ALSO ARCHERY EQUIPTMENT, DEPENDING ON THE SIZE OF YOUR DETECTOR MOST WILL WORK,HELLO EVERYONE, Ronald99

I bought a 48" army surplus canvas bag that I store my DFX and coils in. It is non-descript, and doesn't advertise that there is something valuable inside, as a gun case or WHITE'S case with insignia does. The rattier it looks, the better. Seems like MD's walk away rather easily.

I was looking for a hard case something like a gun case or one of the bow cases but have come to the conclussion that I am going to have to make a case because what I want is pretty specific.

I use a soft sided golf travel bag. You can get the ones that are made for the over size drivers in the 50 to 54" range. Some have wheels, and most of them have a carry strap or handle. I got mine for 17 dollars on ebay. They have pockets for accessories, will hold several golf balls and assorted clubs just in case you want to work on your swing later. Rick

I was in the same boat a few weeks ago, wanting a durable hardcase for each of the two detectors I have. I found The Pelican at Kellyco but the one (of two) I chose is over $200 each. But, they do the job and, well. The downside is you'll need to custom fit your detector to the case. It's easy enough to do with an electric fillet knife. Warning; the cases are heavy but will last you a lifetime. And, should you change detectors down the road, you can always order new foam padding.

Would I spend that kind of money again if I had it to do over again? Darn tootin! Why spend thousands on the electronics and not protect them? I personally do not like the soft cases, selling the two which came with my detectors.

Best of luck,
GRB

Back
Top Bottom