Need a digging buddy

bubbaron

Forum Supporter
Hello from Schuylkill County PA,
I am retired and took up metal detecting around 3 months ago. I have been hunting outdoor flea markets, sports stadiums and other various places. I have passed the $200 mark in clads but would like to have a friend to hunt with and also find new places to hunt. We have snow cover at present but will hunt again when the snow clears. I am always ready for a hunt so please contact me if you are close to my area. I am presently using an AT Pro and very happy with it. Hope to hear from you.

You sound like me with all that clad. I recently cashed in about $370, of which about a third was metal detecting coins that I cleaned and threw in with some from my coin jar.

I have been experimenting with the settings on the AT Pro. I take off all but the last four blocks of the discrimination and then run the iron discrimination to 40. This is to allow only the high tones. I went back over some of my previously hunted sites with it like this and found even more coins. I decided to take it to a place where I had found five silver quarters. I did and found another silver quarter where I had searched hard before. I was using the 5 x 8 coil. Not sure if this method is good or bad but it still found silver in a previously hunted area. I'm still trying it out so we'll see. Anyway, good luck. Don't do like I did and clean some quarters with a token mixed in. YIKES! I ended up plating about 50 coins with some yellow-ish cra-p.
Mike

Hi Mike,
I set my discrim. to 37 and run in the normal mode not the pro mode. I do get a pull tab or bottle cap once in awhile but I am digging all coins now as I was not digging pennies. I am not a fan of the pro mode, just me I guess ???
It's too bad we are so far apart. I am sure we'd make a good team. I am very careful separating my silver from my copper before I run the coins in my rock tumbler. I am dying to go out hunting but we still have 2" of snow on the ground. I have some new places and can't wait to get digging !!!
Ron

Tried a new spot

Hi,
I got to hunt a bit this week and even tried a new spot. Sadly, a lot of scrap but did manage to get $8.50 in clads and a few wheaties. Snow and cold on the way so I guess I will be watching it snow and no hunting for a few weeks. I just purchased a whites for a back-up but do not have it yet. I am anxious to try some sand hunts in the spring. Ihave more new spots to try here if the weather isn't too bad. Guess I'm hooked now, love the hunt.
Ron

Back
Top Bottom