Hand Made T

JoeR

Not sure what this is. Came out of the ground in Pennsylvania. Property owner hung it on the wall. Appears to be hand forged iron.
Any guesses?

Joe

Attachments

• mystery tool-1 (1).jpg
    mystery tool-1 (1).jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 766
So far your guesses and made up stuff is better than anything I was coming up with!

Joe

I hope I don't sound ungrateful, but so far you guys are not very helpful!

:p;):waiting:

Joe

Thing to tie 2 horses, or cows side by side attaches to a plow or something?
Piece of a railroad crossover ?

Joe,
Can you get some better (close-up) pictures of the "T" end?
It might help in the ID

I'll ask her to take a better pic for me.

Thanks!

and thanks for the replies so far. I was hoping it would be an easy one.

Joe

Looks like that is not a T but a level handle for a Blacksmiths Bellows pump

If you are saying it is not a fixed T, then you are correct. It pivots where the sections join together. I'm getting better pics sent to me.

I googled blacksmith bellows and didn't see anything that looked like that, but I could see how it could be used as one.

Thanks!

Joe

It's a branding iron for the Flying ------------------------------- Snake Ranch!

Begun back in 1886 by Lucius Confucius Snakeleigh, the Flying --------------------- outfit raised a rare breed of Texas Longhorn rattlesnakes.

Texas Longhorn rattlesnakes are usually around two to four feet in length but can grow larger/longer. The males boast a handsome spread of horns, used to gore the ankles of their prey.

The problem with branding rattlers is simple... to get the snake to lay out straight, one snakepoke would have to grab the critter by the tail and the other one by the head... which generally resulted in the head guy gettin' bit! Or Gored.

Lucius Confucious started his career as a head-man but had the rare gift of being faster than the snake being branded. Whenever he got nervous, he would suffer severe stomach upsets, which made him extremely careful. Thus, he got bit FAR less often than the other men. he also wore heavy rubber boots to avoid being gored. In short Lucius Confucius Snakeleigh was cautious when nauseous and in his galoshes!

Having successfully branded more snakes than all the others, he soon took his savings and bought a spread outside Abilene. Snake ranching was not very successful, so he tried raising mollusks for their meat and rich mother of pearl. These, he served with Italian pasta. Sadly he had to import seawater and ran out of funds before his seafood could be marketed. Next he tried raising horses which he used to butcher to create lunchmeat. His Abilene Abalone Macaroni and Pony Baloney restaurant failed too and eventually he died, poor and forgotten by the world.

And that's the truth.

SageGrouse

If I had to guess...and I do, I would think you are from a State where marijuana is legal, or maybe you just get your hands on it anyway.
:cool:

No way you thought that up while being sober.

Joe

If I had to guess...and I do, I would think you are from a State where marijuana is legal, or maybe you just get your hands on it anyway.

Joe

Sage Grouse is the most fantastic storyteller on the forum hands down!

Be careful who you are slamming on here, or nobody will help you with your ID!

I like the idea of rope tensioner, seems like a logical conclusion.
Obviously some type of old fashioned "farm-style" implement, no longer needed in today's disposable culture.
See if you can find some old timers sitting around at a town hall or tavern somewhere, I bet they will know what it is.:yes:

Joe

You sir sound like an expert in matters...

<°)))>{

Sage Grouse is the most fantastic storyteller on the forum hands down!

Be careful who you are slamming on here, or nobody will help you with your ID!

I like the idea of rope tensioner, seems like a logical conclusion.
Obviously some type of old fashioned "farm-style" implement, no longer needed in today's disposable culture.
See if you can find some old timers sitting around at a town hall or tavern somewhere, I bet they will know what it is.:yes:

Not slamming at all! Jokesters can usually appreciate a good poke, and I can't image he is thin skinned.
I am involved with antique tractors and engines. I attend a few shows a year. I could ask for help there as well.

Thanks!
Joe

Not slamming at all! Jokesters can usually appreciate a good poke, and I can't image he is thin skinned.
I am involved with antique tractors and engines. I attend a few shows a year. I could ask for help there as well.

Thanks!
Joe

OK, thanks for clarifying, words in print can be ambiguous,
But keep in mind Sage is a "she" :lol::laughing:

OK, thanks for clarifying, words in print can be ambiguous,
But keep in mind Sage is a "she" :lol::laughing:

That's hilarious! Sage, sorry for that! In my defense...I had no way of knowing.

....although a few weeks ago my wife and I went to a diner. When I payed the bill at the front counter, got my change and receipt and said "Thank you, Sir" to the fellow behind the counter. My wife slugged me as soon as we got outside and told me I wasn't being nice. "That was a girl!". Despite the lack of evidence, I believe her.

So, apparently this is something I mess up in person too.

Joe

That's hilarious! Sage, sorry for that! In my defense...I had no way of knowing.

....although a few weeks ago my wife and I went to a diner. When I payed the bill at the front counter, got my change and receipt and said "Thank you, Sir" to the fellow behind the counter. My wife slugged me as soon as we got outside and told me I wasn't being nice. "That was a girl!". Despite the lack of evidence, I believe her.

So, apparently this is something I mess up in person too.

Joe

Lol!

<°)))>{

Back
Top Bottom