Why I'm getting the XP Deus

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParkHunter

Forum Supporter
Many have commented on my recent purchases/sales of detectors lately.... ;)

To first start, I am not bashing the e-trac/CTX in any way.
On to the point - Sites like these, the CTX/E-trac just can't handle. They simply null. Now I know there are goodies in these dirts, as I pulled a green wheat with my AT Pro not too long ago, but the amount of trash here is extremely high.

EDIT: CTX had a bad 11" coil my friend gave me, the 17" is a killer! I'm still getting the deus, but the CTX is amazing in iron & trash as well!

These are most of my sites. Ok, not most. But probably around 40-50% of them.
null_zps981f945c.jpg

null_zpsdeda8352.jpg

null_zpscc35cfd8.jpg

null_zps7ca5ea51.jpg

null_zps58ddb816.jpg

null_zpsd4c05b72.jpg

null_zps281acbef.jpg

Now don't get me wrong at all, the e-trac/CTX are deep silver magnets. It's just an undeniable fact that they cannot handle trashy sites like these. I'll still be keeping one CTX of mine for those field hunts, but only the deus can do me much good here. Thanks for reading.

Last edited:
Exactly. That why i got.one too. More.into.woods and fields hunting less into.digging.what i consider.modern.silvers.

I would dare say that a machine, like the MXT, would be an excellent and less expensive choice. With its wealth of coil selections, very forgiving slow swing speed and one of the fastest recovery times around, the MXT would do great in that environment.

I would dare say that a machine, like the MXT, would be an excellent and less expensive choice. With its wealth of coil selections, very forgiving slow swing speed and one of the fastest recovery times around, the MXT would do great in that environment.

I agree, as a long time mxt-pro user with even the baby coil/shooter I did well. However ITS NOT nothing in the same class as a Deus for getting in the hard iron infested areas. But I sure as heck would take that mxt over a etrac or ctx any day in bad iron spots. Like I said many and many of times to people they null out way to much. The TTF is a great feature to some but is still not close to the separation the deus has.
I had parkhunter here going back and forth with me awhile ago about the deus and ctx/etrac comparisons and now..........he has made the smart choice for his type of hunting. Congrats. You will love it

Sure, it won't null here, but you'll hear twenty different tones with a swipe surface of a square foot. It wasn't pretty with the CTX, trust me.

lol. You have awaken my son. It took a few good arguments but now you have seen the light.
JK on a serious note call me when it arrives. Ill show you some tricks. You can swing it and not have to take a nap in between swings also :)

BTW: If you look at the pics above with the brick house, you can see my ATP. That works moderately in separating signals, but it often can't handle the high trash here.

lol. You have awaken my son. It took a few good arguments but now you have seen the light.
JK on a serious note call me when it arrives. Ill show you some tricks. You can swing it and not have to take a nap in between swings also :)

For sure. We're getting heavy storms for a few days so my next hunt will probably be the Deus.

Same reason I am selling my E-trac and bought a Deus. I also think the processor is way to slow for how many frequencies it is trying to put in the ground. I think my Atari 2600 had a faster processor.:lol:

I have been hunting an old church grove for the last couple of years. E Trac, CTX, Deus, Sovereign, and AT Pro. The finds are few and far between now. However I did pull a V nickel and Indian Head with the CTX I sold you last weekend. Here is my point. No matter what detector you use at a place like that you will be have to put in hundreds of hours to find the good stuff. Target masking is horrible at a place like that. I am now at a point with the picnic grove that I have opened it up to anything that isn't iron. I have shared this place with others and probably have logged about 300 hrs there myself. You would be very surprised to see how iron can pull VDI numbers down. My advice is to pick a small area and work it and work it some more. No detector is a magic wand, but the closest I have come to one is the Deus.

By the way with the CTX money I completed my second Deus and picked up a new Sovereign GT for the beach.

I have been hunting an old church grove for the last couple of years. E Trac, CTX, Deus, Sovereign, and AT Pro. The finds are few and far between now. However I did pull a V nickel and Indian Head with the CTX I sold you last weekend. Here is my point. No matter what detector you use at a place like that you will be have to put in hundreds of hours to find the good stuff. Target masking is horrible at a place like that. I am now at a point with the picnic grove that I have opened it up to anything that isn't iron. I have shared this place with others and probably have logged about 300 hrs there myself. You would be very surprised to see how iron can pull VDI numbers down. My advice is to pick a small area and work it and work it some more. No detector is a magic wand, but the closest I have come to one is the Deus.

By the way with the CTX money I completed my second Deus and picked up a new Sovereign GT for the beach.

agreed, I did well with whites, garrets and now Deus. Im looking to get a blisstool next. The new v5 Beast has great separation. Ill use it after I cherry picked with the Deus

Someone else with some sense :)

Yes a sense of time. I don't need to have my beard grow a foot waiting for the detector to figure out what the heck the target is. Yes I loved the E-trac for deep silver, but at least now my wife still recognizes me when I get back from a hunt. Now if I could only get the hair on the top of my head to grow!:lol:

Yes a sense of time. I don't need to have my beard grow a foot waiting for the detector to figure out what the heck the target is. Yes I loved the E-trac for deep silver, but at least now my wife still recognizes me when I get back from a hunt. Now if I could only get the hair on the top of my head to grow!:lol:

:laughing:

we are in the same boat. I had long hair while in narcotics, now im going bald as Dr. Phil

I had an XP Deus for a short period of time...just not my cup of tea....I have also used the etrac, Whites V3i and Fisher F75se......now down to just one keeper - an MXT Pro with 3 coils...as far as I am concerned it is easily the best bang for the buck out there today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom