Found a 1916 Mercury dime with a mint mark...

filo

Found this dime out at one of my favorite well-hunted parks. Saw the 1916 on the front and flipped it over and saw a mint mark! Had to take it home to find it's a 1916-S. Bummer. It's strange because you don't find many old coins with an "S" mint mark in this part of the country. Almost everything is Denver. Still a great date though and a coin I didn't have in my collection. I can't believe I can still find coins this good after hitting that park very hard for almost 5 years.

Happy Hunting!

Attachments

• 1916back.jpg
    1916back.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 483
  • 1916front.jpg
    1916front.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 446
Amazing how u can go back to locations and still find something missed I know someone who does that often great job on the dime maybe next one will be the winner

I got a 1916 plane last month. I held it and hoped for about 30 seconds before flipping it over. Every time I look in my relic cabinet I grab the loup JUST to make sure there isn'ta D...

Congrats on the 1916 a merc! I've dug a few myself and they always get the blood flowing!

Minelab CTX Dirty30-Teknetics T2 Se

Nice keeper filo. I have a place like that I always go to when I don't have anywhere else. And it still coughs up a keeper every now and again. Congrats.

Congrats, on the 1916 merc! Don't see many in the teens on here, mostly the 40's... Nice score:cool:

Back
Top Bottom