Finally...GOLD!

DIGGER27

In Memory Of
Alabama, by way of Detroit, Tampa Bay, Alabama and
Not near as much time to hunt this year as last, and when I do go out I usually hit some different kind of sites like woods and places where there is not a high percentage chance of finding gold.
Even so, I figure I would come across a little this year, even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile.
Yesterday in an old park it happened...on the board for 2014 with my first gold ring...finally!
A woman's wedding band, 3.2 grams of 10k yellow goodness.

Luckily, I hit this thing from just the right angle.
At the edge of this park with severe EMI from power lines and wifi from some big homes across the street, and on one side of this ring about 2" away in this very trashy park was a small piece of low number iron, but on the other side also very close was some kind of huge iron deeper, the kind that usually gives you those high numbers and then bounces all over.
I was using the F70 in all metal with all metal settings totally maxed out plus the large 11" DD coil.
Fisher guys know this, but in these settings with this crazy amount of EMI I can't convey the amount of noise and jumping I was seeing on the screen and in the tones, but we keep saying as chatty as this brand is when it finds something good gets down to business and it lets you know one way or another and in this case it did its job well.
In between these iron targets I still saw some solid numbers from 51-53 as I made small movements with that big coil, evidently the F70 up averaged this gold target due to that large iron piece because out of the ground it comes in as a solid 41.
Who knows what kind of a signal I would have gotten if I hit all 3 of these targets at the same time with that big coil from a 90 degree direction...or if I would have dug it if I did.
This is why we keep telling you newbies to scan targets from different directions, something I learned a long time ago and usually take the time to do on some of the more iffy signals I come across.

Also another very cool find was another one of these old brass hose nozzles and I have found a few of these in my time.
This park would have no reason to even have one of these here except for the fact that from the late 1800's to the early teens in the 1900s this park was actually the site of the very first golf course in the Kansas city area, so not only does this thing look old I suspect it is old...maybe about or over 100 years old as a matter of fact.

So something neat and something gold and I finally satisfied that gold fever demon dwelling inside of me...temporarily, anyway.

I had a very good day.

Attachments

• Gold.jpg
    Gold.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 448
  • P1020054.jpg
    P1020054.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 461
  • P1050073.jpg
    P1050073.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 448
Congrats on that first gold of the season! I found one of those hose nozzles last year and it still works. : ) Good luck on gold #2!

It a great feeling to find gold. I'm sure it felt like a curse was lifted, when you found that bad boy. Nice to see you rewarded for you efforts.

Awesome gold! I like to max sensitivity until my detector is extremely chatty but I can here the good signals. HH, phil

Great job!!! I know your not really looking for jewelry this year but I knew it would come soon for you! That gold is attracted to you like no other dirt hunter Iv ever seen

Someone suggested I throw that brass nozzle in my tumbler for awhile...so I did.
Cleaned up great, and there is a name on the bottom, Boston.

I believe this is from the Boston woven hose and rubber co. in Cambridge, Mass...a company that started in the 1870's and eventually built a brass foundry in the early part of the last century.

Love finding out the history of even my non valuable finds.

http://www.cambridgehistory.org/discover/industry/bostonwoven.html

Attachments

• P1050075.jpg
    P1050075.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 258
  • P1050073.jpg
    P1050073.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 239
  • P1050077.jpg
    P1050077.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 242
Back