maybe a button?

gismapper

Hi folks! I found this in an area of fill that was brought in during the 1960's I think. It was found in an area and depth that also produced a dozen wheat pennies ranging from 1920 to 1956. I'm guessing it's some kind of button, but I don't see how it would attach to anything, unless its missing parts.

It's a bit smaller in diameter than a dime. I can put it next to a ruler and post back if that would help. Just didn't have one handy.

It's hollow inside, like a rather thin shell (although it is about half filled with some kind of fabric...cotton maybe), all stuffed in there. I tried to take some out but it was shredding as I pulled on it. Thought it best to leave it in there for now.

The metal is non-magnetic. Surprisingly light weight for how it looks. But it doesn't have any real "give" to it. It feels hard to bend, but hat could be due to the shape more than the composition. Unfortunately I forget what it rang up as on my etrac and Im too lazy to go get it right now. It was either hitting like a nickel or a copper penny/dime. I know it wasn't a quarter signal. Didn't get any of those the whole time I was there. I can air test it and post back if it would help ID it.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Back
Top Bottom