My First CW Belt Buckle

Nice work

Killer condition on a bucket list find!! Even though I am deep in the South, for the most part the war never got this far ... so I am jealous. Looks like you have wireless headphones .... what system are you using??

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

I've been detecting off and on since 1967. I've found gold and silver rings, plus one diamond ring but the buckle is my best find ever.

A gold coin still eludes me.

DG

I will never speak to you again!!! (Just kidding) Hunted over 30 years for CW artifacts and never found one of those and it's definitely on my bucket list. Can I go hunt with you.

This wasn't my spot. I was a guest on the permission.

It was a freak find. We were no where near a CW camp or battle field.

My friend has searched it my times and nothing else from the CW era has been found. He has found a button from WW I and another from WW II. So he thinks a traditional military family lived there.

DG

Killer condition on a bucket list find!! Even though I am deep in the South, for the most part the war never got this far ... so I am jealous. Looks like you have wireless headphones .... what system are you using??

Thanks jbkelly
Let me say this first. I don't praise nothing just because I own it. If it junk, that's what I call it.
The wireless headphones are Quest Wire-Free Pro Headphones. I choose them because they have a 24 hour battery life not 6 hours. The parts the hold the ear cups to the piece that goes over your head is heavy aluminum (As in made well, not weight) not breakable plastic. The ear cups and the head strap are well padded.

On the transmitter there is a mini USB plug to a 1/4" plug short cable. I broke the mini USB plug because I had the transmitter mounted even with the right side and back end of the MXT control box. Totally my fault. I couldn't find the short cable on the Quest web page, so I emailed them and they listed them on there web page for $4.95 each. I bought 2 cables.

So, I really like them.

http://www.dddetectors.com/Quest-Wire-Free-Pro-Headphones-p/1703.102.htm

GL

DG

congrats!!!!! wonderful finds.Keep looking in that area. I am just starting to hunt civil war relics in Georgia with my new Equinox 800. Still learning the 800.
Civil War Buckle or breastplate is at the top of my bucket list.

Back
Top Bottom