Strange 12" arrowhead shaped thing and hook shaped item.

06_blkout

I found this in the same area that I found the button and buckle I posted in here the other day. Decided to leave work a little early today and go sledding with the little guy, he got bored so I broke out the detector and off into the woods I went:)

Sorry for my first few posts being "help me id this stuff" I don't know the first place to look to identify this stuff.

The triangle/arrowhead thing.
IMG_0295.jpg

The hook shaped thing.

IMG_0312.jpg

Thanks!

The pointed thing looks like a farm impliment for ripping ground. Several are bolted onto a lateral and dragged through a field. Not a plow, but a ripper.

The other thing does look like a trigger. The problem with it is, triggers are usually flat on the finger face, not on the sides. Yours looks like the top bar would slide in a slot. That top bar is also at an angle from the top part of the trigger portion. You've got me stumped. Maybe it's fom a cap gun.

That trigger thing is bugging the hell out of me.

In my minds eye, buried way back in the dark recesses of memory, I recall a thing. It is not a gun. It is a long tube-like thing with a long spring in it. The tube also has a long slot in it, into which that top part fits. When you pull the trigger back in the slot against the spring, it slides easily and then, when you release it, it tips forward and locks there in place. Then when you pull it one more time, it "un-catches" and slides forward under the spring pressure. It may push something out of the tube. Like a giant pez dispenser.

Damn, now I'm going to be up all night thinking about this unless one of you nails it. :?::no:

Okay, one last comment: It reminds me of something to do with a sliding window or sliding screen latch: you pull on it and it disengages a latch so you can slide the window or screen. Maybe not, but for some reason I'm thinking curtain or window or screen.

Thanks for all of the replies. The plow makes sense, there's a field about 100 yards up the hill out of the woods, who knows what the farmers have thrown down there over the years.

The trigger/hook thing was within 10 yards of where I found the buckle and button a few days ago....near a HUGE cedar tree. If I remember right, it read a 78 on the detector if that helps.

Thanks again for the quick replies.

That's a plow sweep of some kind. Different than modern chisel sweeps in the design and attaching bolt holes location. Must have been used on something special, maybe a planter of some sorts. HH

No way that is a trigger. It's looks like a coat hook, straight up, no questions asked. And super ID on the sweep thing, never woulda guessed.

If that's a coat hook, it's the smallest one I've ever seen. That quarter for comparison . . .

it looks like part of a broken shoe buckle ( the inside shape)

here's a picture of a whole one i put the red lines to show where yours is broke

Attachments

• 100_0949 part of shoe buckle marked.JPG
    100_0949 part of shoe buckle marked.JPG
    31.2 KB · Views: 377
here's a picture of a whole one i put the red lines to show where yours is broke

Cool! I wish I could find a whole one. Thanks for all of the info guys:)

BrianVickers! Hello! My detector went crazy too, showed up as 2 objects haha. Maybe the 2 tips of the piece.

Back
Top Bottom