New detector for my GF for christmas?

Minelab X-Terra 305 has ground balance; notching; and a nice readout that is easily seen. Minelabs are great machines. I would have voted for a Garrett 305 but you stated she wanted readout or TDI numbering if I remember correctly and they do not do that. Just the tones and bars under the suspected target.

But if you want to shoot the moon might I suggest the Deus!!! Just kidding. Well, not really, yes I am! :D

Plus you can get the DD coil option in the 305 as well. Plus I am not employed by Kellyco but they are offering a decent bundle on this machine. Option 2. Just my 2 cents if I wanted to surprise her and it is your price range!

Good luck!

Great machine but fixed ground balance. Teknetics Euro Tek pro is cheaper and better features in my opinion.

She really likes the target id and vdi of the delta. Are there any other machines that have this feature or is this the only one?

not to mention i have a crush proof case, i put it under my grandfathers 1970's truck which weighs a lot more than a modern truck and my phone didnt get crushed or scratched.

only pinpointer i ever trust is the garret propointer, ive dropped mine scratched it, dropped it into water and it got ran over by a car and it still works.

You need to quit playing in the streets and or stop exaggerating.....

Sorry, I remember almost everything I read...

<*)))>{

Fisher F2, easy to understand, easy to learn, notch discrimination, number read out, fast swing speed, fast recovery speed, good depth and a fun turn on and go machine. She will thank you for it, I guarantee it!

I have the eurotek pro as well, and aside from iron audio, the F2 would be a better fit for a beginner with its target notching that the eurotek pro doesn't have.

Used f2 almost 5 years and eurotek pro for abt 6 months, I like both machines, but would suggest an F2 for a beginner every time. With experience she might like a eurotek pro, but as it is now, she has no experience going by tones and therefore she would have less information to view before digging with the eurotek.

F2 :)

Fisher F2, easy to understand, easy to learn, notch discrimination, number read out, fast swing speed, fast recovery speed, good depth and a fun turn on and go machine. She will thank you for it, I guarantee it!

I have the eurotek pro as well, and aside from iron audio, the F2 would be a better fit for a beginner with its target notching that the eurotek pro doesn't have.

Used f2 almost 5 years and eurotek pro for abt 6 months, I like both machines, but would suggest an F2 for a beginner every time. With experience she might like a eurotek pro, but as it is now, she has no experience going by tones and therefore she would have less information to view before digging with the eurotek.

F2 :)

she has been metal detecting for about 2 years now and has pulled a ton of silver coins. she just has never had a vdi style machine and i think that would greatly help her treasure to trash ratio. she likes the fact that her current machine has target id (shows likelyhood of what the target is. ie: quarter, dime, penny, zinc penny, foil, etc.). I believe a machine with the target id and a 0-99 vdi readout would put her all over some good targets and have her digging far less. the eurotek doesnt have target id like the f2 but the delta 4000 does and so does the gamma 6000. im debating on which to pull the trigger on at the moment but i sure do appreciate all you guys advice. keep it coming.

As I alluded to earlier, there is no bigger fan than I am when it comes to the F2.
Search around the forum...I have written a ton about how I used the F2, what it can do if you learn it well, and what it can find if you do.
In my case over 10X's it's cost in 3 years use and that was only one of 3 different detectors I used in rotation.
Old coins, silver coins, relics and much more were easy to notice and find, and in the area of jewelry, my specialty, the proof is in the finds.
http://metaldetectingforum.com/album.php?albumid=3023

Be that as it may, $299 for that used Gamma Bart has for sale is probably something I would jump on before it is gone.
An upgraded cousin of the F2, the features and benefits ratio is totally positive when you consider the price.
http://www.losttreasure.com/content/archives/teknetics-gamma-6000

Back
Top Bottom